Kitchen Sink

• 4 months later...

Hello, trust you are doing well.

I had a couple of suggestions for this application. I love it, by the way 🙂

1. Possibility of changing the product's default listing to expanded/reduced. Right now there is no possibility to do that 

2. Possibility of choosing the number of text lines that the product's short description will display in the products listing. Right now, it's just a couple of lines and when the product has s renewal, the price will eat up two of those lines, rendering the description useless.

3. The product's description detail page is truncated to a couple of lines, making the upper with are where the description is placed useless. Adding an option to choose how many lines of text should be displayed would be great.

Thanks a lot. 

I would like to make a suggestion since I just ran into this as I posted a topic in IPS support about the file upload number limit.

Could it be possible to have a setting for the admin so they can have "unlimited" number of file uploads?

I had forgotten about that setting and was trying to upload some additional files and it would not let me so posted in the IPS support forum about where the setting was (which I finally remembered where it was).

Thanks

We got rocked with storms late afternoon yesterday and I'm going to take advantage of these next-day high winds (less bugs, great noise) to hit the trails to go running and see the damage so that's me saying I'm too lazy to look right now (on phone) but I'm pretty sure KS has this setting already, just not as a per-group setting. Which would be doable.  We're talking about the same thing?

Edited by All Astronauts
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 3.0.0 submitted, available ???

• 4.7.0 Compatibility Sweep
  • NEW! Added to Font Awesome 6 to the Font Awesome chooser. Font Awesome 5 remains as an option.
  • A few CSS patches here and there.

If you are using the Font Awesome chooser in KS, you are using FA5. This KS now supports FA6 and at a glance, it is more sizing-compatible with FA4 than FA5 was - that is, some FA5 fonts that swapped in for FA4, the sizes were a little off; that's no longer the case (mostly, have not looked at every FA instance). I'd switch the FA6 but I left the FA5 option in place as some of you might have "stuff" going on.

Couple CSS changes I'd probably only notice.

Uhhh... made sure everything was working? Tested on 4.7.1 107021, PHP 8.0.13. 

Oh, and I forgot to change the version number on the internal language file so the ACP settings area will say 2.2.whatever. Already patched for the next release.

Edited by All Astronauts
On 8/17/2022 at 1:30 PM, OptimusBain said:

Good day @All Astronauts

Just wanted to report an issue with Kitchen Sink. 

When I choose to hide the MultiQuote Button, the + multi quote button will not be hidden and the quote icon will disappear. 

There is no way I could find to disable the multi quote button and only leave the quote icon.

is that a known problem?

thanks 

Hello @All Astronauts

I just updated to 3.0.0 and I see the multi quote problem is still there as I explained in a previous comment.

I select Hide Multiquote Button and the multi quote button will not be hidden. The QUOTE button will be hidden instead as you can see in the attachment below.

Could contain: Text, Page

Could contain: Text, Text Message

There is no way to disable the multi quote button with the option that you are providing. It will hide the QUOTE button and I will have to have both Multi Quote and Quote buttons.

Thanks a lot

I've just toggled on and off (and saved) the settings you have posted up in the off-chance something was spilling over, or I mis-wrapped an if-check in the CSS. I'm not getting this.

Is this happening on the default theme?

Also... toggle off the Bookmark and Tutorial apps when testing. It would not surprise me if we were stepping on each other's toes here. While you are doing that I'll look at the hook more closely and see if that is the hitch here.

It's going to be Bookmark. Specifically, because it stuck itself at the front of the list. I was doing an even/odd thing in the CSS to hide this and appending this button to the front breaks that. This whole area is a hot mess when it comes to multiple third-party hooks and such. Although... I haven't changed this code in ages - maybe there is better targeting available now? Checking. 

EDIT: So now I remember why. The targeting with competing plugins back in the day was hell so I just gave up and did the even odd thing. I can still do this with CSS using nth-of-types now (maybe before too - the mind blurs when you are down some CSS rabbit holes)

I'll submit a new version - gives me a chance to get the version language strings right internally.

Edited by All Astronauts
14 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

I've just toggled on and off (and saved) the settings you have posted up in the off-chance something was spilling over, or I mis-wrapped an if-check in the CSS. I'm not getting this.

Is this happening on the default theme?

Also... toggle off the Bookmark and Tutorial apps when testing. It would not surprise me if we were stepping on each other's toes here. While you are doing that I'll look at the hook more closely and see if that is the hitch here.

Thanks a lot. I did toggle them off. When Bookmark and Tutorials are toggled off, it won't work.

If I toggle Kitchen Sink off, then I will see it correctly. That's why I initially contacted you, because when I disabled K. Sink, I will see it correctly. I am using a custom theme that had some colours changed.

14 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

It's going to be Bookmark. Specifically, because it stuck itself at the front of the list. I was doing an even/odd thing in the CSS to hide this and appending this button to the front breaks that. This whole area is a hot mess when it comes to multiple third-party hooks and such. Although... I haven't changed this code in ages - maybe there is better targeting available now? Checking. 

EDIT: So now I remember why. The targeting with competing plugins back in the day was hell so I just gave up and did the even odd thing. I can still do this with CSS using nth-of-types now (maybe before too - the mind blurs when you are down some CSS rabbit holes)

I'll submit a new version - gives me a chance to get the version language strings right internally.

Thanks so MUCH!!!

Edited by OptimusBain
On 8/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, All Astronauts said:

I installed the new update you submitted. Tested it with IPS default theme. It looks like it's the Bookmarks application that is causing the issue. Once the Bookmark application is disabled, the multi quote button will be hidden as dictated by Kitchen Sink's settings.

What would you suggest me to do? Contact the Bookmark app developer and tell him something specifically? 

Thanks