Links in forum descriptions pointing to old domain

Runar

I don't know if this is the right place to report bugs with this community, but here goes.

Links in the descriptions for the following forums point to an old domain (community.invisionpower.com), resulting in security warnings and in one case a 404 error:

The links in questions are:

I noted this issue in a support ticket (specifically, the SSL warnings), and IPS couldn't reproduce it.

Fail The Simpsons GIF

Edit: It appears to happen sometimes. Not sure what the infrastructure is, yet if there's load balancing happening, it may just be a badly configured node.

Edited by Paul E.

If I accept the security risk (in Firefox) and continue, I no longer see the warning. Maybe everyone at IPS has already accepted the certificate?

Anyways, the certificate on community.invisionpower.com is not valid. See the test results from SSL Labs:

image.thumb.png.033f76cee80829252d0cc9485dd4a00f.png

Edit: The actual test results:

image.thumb.png.78e9f4b8f651bf376b42303864e7960e.png

Edited by Runar

I agree, @Runar.

Support ticket was #67332. I noted that it may be a load balancing thing then. I don't permanently accept security warnings to bypass them, and when they told me they couldn't reproduce, I tried again then and the links worked without any errors.

These links are everywhere in older posts, and I provided this link in the ticket:
https://invisioncommunity.com/search/?q=community.invisionpower.com&quick=1

Any comment, @Matt or @Lindy? Surely this can't be an issue limited to only a few unlucky visitors. SSL Labs marked the certificate as invalid from four different servers, and other SSL testing tools did the same.

I understand that you might not be able to reproduce the security warnings, but there are clearly some issues with the certificate or your load balancing setup.