[CJ] Keyword Tooltips (Support Topic)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm afraid that we have a bit of an issue with this application.

You may remember that we have a version 3.2.7 which you kindly did for us in order to address some problems we were having.

It now seems that we can't edit a keyword because we get error messages. If we try to delete the keyword, the keyword disappears but then we can't add a keyword using the same trigger words because it says that there is already an existing tooltip – which there isn't any more.

Could you help us with this please.

Thank you

Edited by BankFodder
2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Hi, I'm afraid that we have a bit of an issue with this application.

You may remember that we have a version 3.2.7 which you kindly did for us in order to address some problems we were having.

It now seems that we can't edit a keyword because we get error messages. If we try to delete the keyword, the keyword disappears but then we can't add a keyword using the same trigger words because it says that there is already an existing tooltip – which there isn't any more.

Could you help us with this please.

Thank you

4.0.1 took care of the edit error you mentioned in the other topic, are you having the same error or a different one? 

Hi, I've just completed the upgrade and it works – no problem. Thank you very much indeed.

Actually a slight problem, we have one rogue keyword which doesn't appear in the list at all but it's there because the trigger word operates it. However we can't get in to amend it because it doesn't appear in the list. If we try to enter a new one using the same trigger word that it tells us that it already exists.

So it must be somewhere in the database but not appearing. Got any idea how I can get it and delete it so that I can write a new one?

Second thing is – I don't know if you are aware that previously "create a keyword" was in the drop down + create menu at the top of the screen. Now it doesn't appear there and in fact I've had to make a menu item in the menu manager to make it appear.

It's okay. It works – but I don't know if that was a deliberate change.

Anyway if you could help us find that rogue keyword which has gone into hiding then that would be very useful thanks.

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

Actually a slight problem, we have one rogue keyword which doesn't appear in the list at all but it's there because the trigger word operates it. However we can't get in to amend it because it doesn't appear in the list. If we try to enter a new one using the same trigger word that it tells us that it already exists.

you sure its not an alias to another kw? as it checks the actual keywords entry and their aliases, cause other wise it would be a roll of the dice to which one to use. 

2 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Second thing is – I don't know if you are aware that previously "create a keyword" was in the drop down + create menu at the top of the screen. Now it doesn't appear there and in fact I've had to make a menu item in the menu manager to make it appear.

its prolly due changing from group permissions to creating our own method, it might've been something i missed in the upgrade.

No it's not an alias because it is a new keyword which I created today before the upgrade and it would perfectly. then I realised that I had forgotten some text and so I tried to edit it but couldn't because of the bug in the version I was using. so I tried to delete it and although it disappeared from the list, it was still present and working. when I upgraded I expected that it would reappear in the list but it hasn't reappeared in the list and it is still working but it can't be found or edited or deleted and it is obstructing the creation of any other keyword using the same triggers.

As far as the other problem is concerned, it is fine being in the menu the way I have done it but I wasn't sure if you were aware so I  thought I had better let you know

3 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

No it's not an alias because it is a new keyword which I created today before the upgrade and it would perfectly. then I realised that I had forgotten some text and so I tried to edit it but couldn't because of the bug in the version I was using. so I tried to delete it and although it disappeared from the list, it was still present and working. when I upgraded I expected that it would reappear in the list but it hasn't reappeared in the list and it is still working but it can't be found or edited or deleted and it is obstructing the creation of any other keyword using the same triggers.

it is probably the soft delete IPS does, takes like 30 days to remove. I have it disabled on my dev board, but i'll add a change to the check to ignore those. 

Update:
well the rogue keyword hasn't reappeared – we will certainly see what happens after 30 days - unless you are able to come up with something which can find it.

However, – very mysteriously, the "add a keyword" function on the little drop down menu which was missing yesterday after the upgrade has now reappeared this morning!! So I have no idea why it should take so long to show itself – but anyway it is showing, it is working, no problem. Thanks

I have to say that this keywords application is the most important application on our entire platform. When we moved from the bulletin, I looked everywhere to find a platform which had a keyword function. On the bulletin, we had built our own keyword system – called autolinker – which worked very well.

Here are a couple of features which I would propose as enhancements for this application – when you get the time.

• Images. It would be great if one could have a hover text – which produced an image pop-up – maybe with accompanying caption. You
  • Trigger word search. Where you have quite a large database of keywords such as we do with hundreds of trigger words, it can be a real pain to find the relevant keyword in order to edit it or even delete it. All If there was a search function in the keyword screen which allows you to "search trigger words" – which would then identify the particular keyword, that would be extremely helpful because at the moment if we have to make an edit it can be a nightmare. It's very nice that things can be arranged in alphabetical order, but that is only for the main trigger word/keyword title. The trigger words may well start with different letters and therefore are not searchable using the alphabetised list of keywords.

• And here is a request for a tweak:  the hover text pop-ups take a long time to materialise. That means that people might hover over them and nothing happens and they don't realise that there is a pop-up and so they click the link and the effect of the pop-up is lost.  Might it be possible to work on the speed of the pop-ups so that they become really fast. I don't know if this is a big ask – but it would make a huge difference to their effectiveness.
10 hours ago, BankFodder said:
  • Images. It would be great if one could have a hover text – which produced an image pop-up – maybe with accompanying caption. You
  •  

what is wrong with switching it over to the editor instead of code mirror and uploading an attachment?

• Trigger word search. Where you have quite a large database of keywords such as we do with hundreds of trigger words, it can be a real pain to find the relevant keyword in order to edit it or even delete it. All If there was a search function in the keyword screen which allows you to "search trigger words" – which would then identify the particular keyword, that would be extremely helpful because at the moment if we have to make an edit it can be a nightmare. It's very nice that things can be arranged in alphabetical order, but that is only for the main trigger word/keyword title. The trigger words may well start with different letters and therefore are not searchable using the alphabetised list of keywords.

added this for the next version

12-48-08-7-2020.thumb.png.f202a4515d22b0085b24195acc615d81.png

• And here is a request for a tweak:  the hover text pop-ups take a long time to materialise. That means that people might hover over them and nothing happens and they don't realise that there is a pop-up and so they click the link and the effect of the pop-up is lost.  Might it be possible to work on the speed of the pop-ups so that they become really fast. I don't know if this is a big ask – but it would make a huge difference to their effectiveness.

by default hover is 750 ms, i pushed it down to 0, so the "hover" will initiate almost as soon as you hover over it, but the actual loading will depend on the persons network speed and your server :). so it should give them more of indication that it is about to do something and clicking on it.

you could also style them differently. for the actual pop up ones, they use the class, 'keyword'. the "url" ones get 'keywordUrl" for their class.

14-56-31-7-2020.thumb.png.28e06455c1abeb3e09de57be4e86e5ba.png

like this one here, i've styled the kw to be red, the link is a regular link added via the editor and some lorem ipsum text. 

Okay. I switched over to the editor and copied in an image – and it works. I can't imagine why I didn't understand this before. Thanks.

Now here's the next ask – one thing leads to another – any way to get the pop-up to shrink down to the size of the image? Because at the moment, I have an image which is dwarfed by an expanse of the white pop-up. So I don't know if it's possible to add a "scale pop-up to fit image" button

On 10/26/2020 at 2:19 AM, BankFodder said:

Now here's the next ask – one thing leads to another – any way to get the pop-up to shrink down to the size of the image? Because at the moment, I have an image which is dwarfed by an expanse of the white pop-up. So I don't know if it's possible to add a "scale pop-up to fit image" button

can't make any promises, you can set the width, the height i'm pretty sure is set by the size of the body. i use the template popup, which has the class of keywordScrolled, so maybe you use some css to target it better or style it a bit more. i'll see about adding some more options to what classes get added to it, so you have more wiggle room to work with. 

Thanks.

Yes you can set the size of the body but then if the image is smaller - there is lots of white space,

I was wondering whether there was a way to allow the size of the image to dictate the size of the body.  And also if it might be possible with a .png file to allow the underlying page to show through the transparent part of the .png background

• 2 weeks later...

More suggested features:

The keywords are listed in a broad alphabetical order.  There is a kind of alphabetical directory listing at the top.  However when you go into one of the letter categories, the listing is no longer alphabetical - but in order of creation.

Might it be possible for them to display in alphabetical order?

image.png.ab53247e985ca4b2b72e1f461a3a78ea.png

Second feature request:

Might be possible to change the background colour of the pop-up squares and even the borders?***

Thanks 

*** on a per pop-up basis

Edited by BankFodder
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...