[CJ] Babble (Support Topic)

6 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Great news - look forward to it. Will the 2x series stop working at the same time?

I'll keep 2.x servers running for 30 days after 3.0.0 launch, then i will shut them down.

6 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I'm also a little curious on how the chat in 3.0 will work on phone, because many are using that now.

a few minutes of this video (its from a much earlier build, but the concepts are still similar), i talk about the mobile for babble 3.0. I'll do a fresh video later today of it, as it think it is a big improvement over 2.x "mobile". 

3 hours ago, kmk said:

Mobile UI feedback

I take the screenshot after redirect me to your demo site

IMG_20201019_191755.jpg

i've created a card for this, either your phone doesn't send the "keyboard close" event or it stalls things like observing window resizes, i am not sure which as i can't reproduce it on my moto g7, my roommates galaxy note 10, a couple of galaxy tabs and amazon fires. I'll look to see if there are other events i can observe, cause babble will resize to "fit" in the keyboard. 

Just installed and notice just a minor issue - not a bug.

When app is making a new window - the new window is coming a loooong way down the screen - below the footer. Like when I switch from Legacy view the chatwindow is far down out of sight. I use a standard laptop PC with Chrome. The same is happening when I like to make a privat chatroom. That will be confusing for new members/chatters.

Except this all look very promising and good - also on Iphone Xr.

1 hour ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

When app is making a new window - the new window is coming a loooong way down the screen - below the footer. Like when I switch from Legacy view the chatwindow is far down out of sight. I use a standard laptop PC with Chrome. The same is happening when I like to make a privat chatroom. That will be confusing for new members/chatters.

could you send me your site and account to access it, to check it out? it should placing it with in the viewport. 

5 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Is it possible to change the idle time to longer than 15 minutes? 

not at this time, i didn't think about adding one in till after i was about to release, and i just really wanted to get 3 out. it is in the plan for either 3.1, but i might sneak one in for 3.0.1

On 10/21/2020 at 6:52 PM, Jock3r said:

Sent you a PM a day or two ago regarding an issue. Feel free to check it whenever you are available. Thank you

send me one on tuesday, to remind me, just been busy with everything. 

On 10/25/2020 at 1:09 PM, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

added this in for the next version, it will be a group setting. so you can set different times between 1 minute to 60 minutes (like the idler was in 2.x), the message will display showing they have 30 seconds before disconnection (it will also now countdown from 30 :) and the message will change when it hits 0, saying that they have been disconnected). 

On 10/19/2020 at 7:19 PM, kmk said:

Mobile UI feedback

I take the screenshot after redirect me to your demo site

IMG_20201019_191755.jpg

On 10/21/2020 at 2:30 PM, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I've PM'ed you on your site.

Seems like the /purge command is not working. Get the warning but nothing happens..

On 10/25/2020 at 1:09 PM, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

3.0.1 has been released on my site and here (waiting approval here). it has fixed these issues and added in the new feature for idle time. 

May I presume that this doesn't work in the IPS hosted cloud version?

Honestly, I can tell you're a decent person, you like what you do, etc -  if you're ok with constructive comments......most people will not even consider using your software until we see a much higher number of downloads and purchases. Would classify it as very high risk.  And it would be helpful if promo videos were shorter 🙂 🙂 

Don't get me wrong - we're dying to have chat on our site. But only if it's reliable, tried and true. Hoping you and others will be successful in current and future attempts to imitate functions people love on Facebook, as that's our competition for sure!

Thanks,

Keith

2 minutes ago, Keith Clark said:

May I presume that this doesn't work in the IPS hosted cloud version?

the chat service will, it is one of the reasons why it exist. the self hosted could too, but your node.js service would need to be on another server.

2 minutes ago, Keith Clark said:

Honestly, I can tell you're a decent person, you like what you do, etc -  if you're ok with constructive comments......most people will not even consider using your software until we see a much higher number of downloads and purchases. Would classify it as very high risk.  And it would be helpful if promo videos were shorter 🙂 🙂 

babble has been out for almost 5 years now, i changed the renewal for babble 3, why it has a new entry (as i increased the renewal for the self hosted and increased the chat service from the 6 month to 1 year service, and there is no way on IPS to change existing purchases renewals). 

I do offer a 30 day trial of the chat service on my site. you will need to register to get access to the offer:

https://codingjungle.com/babble/?app=babbleadmin&module=license&controller=demo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Michael - I notice that the version you have on your own board that I have bought there has a different date than the one you have here. Is it the same file or did you update it?

Reason for asking is that I still have that issue that I can't edit blocks on my site when Babble is enbled. I have asked this on your site as well, but you do not visit it so often. Hope you're not lost in the jungle there...

• 3 months later...