Can you do something about PDF's please

Ausy

The way the software handles PDF's is not great and could do with some improvements. One or two PDF's on a post looks ok but some of us have sites that want to display lists of documents on pages.

1. PDF's when clicked on should open in the browser and not download (yuk), or add the option to do both.

2. If you have a page (pages) and want to list many Docs or PDF's it looks horrible in the current format. There doesn't appear a way to fix that unless I do what I did before, upload by ftp then link to them but that's no use for non administrators.

Any chance you can look at this for some improvements going forward or am I missing something?

pdfs.thumb.jpg.d92be141c6ac4e98a76e63bb2a7d1f51.jpg

To serve PDFs inline, you could consider altering your web server's configuration (i.e. .htaccess if you're using apache, or the actual .conf files themselves) to force the following headers for PDF files. Something like the following:

<LocationMatch "\.(?i:pdf)$">
    ForceType application/pdf
    Header set Content-Disposition inline
</LocationMatch>

1 hour ago, Paul E. said:

To serve PDFs inline, you could consider altering your web server's configuration (i.e. .htaccess if you're using apache, or the actual .conf files themselves) to force the following headers for PDF files. Something like the following:

<LocationMatch "\.(?i:pdf)$">
    ForceType application/pdf
    Header set Content-Disposition inline
</LocationMatch>

Thanks for that, I will have a go.