IPS Admin Email Account

Chris027

Hi Guys, this is a small nit pick type thing, but it's real. When a temp IPS admin account is created, it uses the email address nobody@invisionpower.com. Given that it's in the admin group, the account receives email notifications for that group. Because that account doesn't exist, all sites with an active IPS temp admin account will get bounce notifications like the one below. I've had this account enabled for a couple weeks while IPS support was helping me (thanks a ton by the way!), and I've received many of these bounce emails. I go through all of them to keep my email server in good standing. 

Request: Can IPS create an email user with that address and just make it a black hole that at least receives email without a bounce? It would make my life better :~)

<nobody@invisionpower.com>: host aspmx.l.google.com[209.85.147.27] said:
    550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please
    try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1
    https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser t8si2243167ioj.38 - gsmtp (in
    reply to RCPT TO command)

Hello, this account should not exist for more than a few hours up to 48 hours, so it shouldn't be an issue.  If you are using this account as an access account for support and leaving the account on your site, then you can use an email address of your own perhaps if needed.

We used to use our support email, however our ticket system would get flooded with notifications from many many sites, so this is why this has changed. 

You can also create an admin account in your site, add those details to our client area, then if you are using the support tool, select the option not to create that temp account.

1 minute ago, Paul E. said:

When does this happen? Is this a CIC thing?

If a users selects to run the support tool, then proceed in the support tool to create a ticket, and selects the option to create a temp admin account for support access.