Moderation notices to members

optrexnz

My site staff are constantly getting moaned at for doing their job. Why did you hide my post? Where has my comment gone? Why have you created a new topic?

It seems ludicrous that there's no way of notifying the members why something has been done without sending PM's everywhere.

We're now trying to combat the lack of notifications by utilising the warning system but desperately need some way of notifying the user that a post has been split to a new topic at xyz, or a post has been hidden because it breaches guidelines, ideally without using PM's.

4 minutes ago, optrexnz said:

My site staff are constantly getting moaned at for doing their job. Why did you hide my post? Where has my comment gone? Why have you created a new topic?

It seems ludicrous that there's no way of notifying the members why something has been done without sending PM's everywhere.

We're now trying to combat the lack of notifications by utilising the warning system but desperately need some way of notifying the user that a post has been split to a new topic at xyz, or a post has been hidden because it breaches guidelines, ideally without using PM's.

This does the job automatically but still sending PM, it seems:

4 minutes ago, DawPi said:

So not e-mail but build in inline notifications for example? Would be enough for you?

That would be fantastic to notify member or move, split, hide using notification. If it says from xx to you when moved it split, brilliant

7 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

If it has both options will be amazing.

6 minutes ago, optrexnz said:

That would be fantastic to notify member or move, split, hide using notification. If it says from xx to you when moved it split, brilliant

I just added it on mine ToDo list. Will check and try include in this week.

On 10/1/2020 at 12:46 AM, DawPi said:

So not e-mail but build in inline notifications for example? Would be enough for you?

We also do not use PMs and instead use the support system in Commerce. Creating a support request that would be a fantastic option as well (we maintain a separate solution to notify on new support request, so we'd need the ability to disable that part preventing two notifications).

1 hour ago, Paul E. said:

We also do not use PMs and instead use the support system in Commerce. Creating a support request that would be a fantastic option as well (we maintain a separate solution to notify on new support request, so we'd need the ability to disable that part preventing two notifications).

Just out of interest how do you use that as a notification for editing or moving or splitting a topic/post please?

2 minutes ago, optrexnz said:

Just out of interest how do you use that as a notification for editing or moving or splitting a topic/post please?

Sorry. That may have been confusing. We create a notification when we create a new support request. If we need to contact members, we do it through the support request system. We do not currently send a notification when we make moderation actions or respond to reported content, but we'd like that feature as well as you've described.

Rather than send out an e-mail, our request for @DawPi is to integrate with the support request system so that a request is logged and viewable within the support request section of ACP.

On 10/2/2020 at 3:51 PM, Paul E. said:

(we maintain a separate solution to notify on new support request, so we'd need the ability to disable that part preventing two notifications).

I'm literally scouring Invision trying to find the plugin that does this.  Could I pretty please have a link?  Thank you!!

Also @DawPi Yes, having it send an inline notification that links members to the content that was moderated instead of sending a PM would be absolutely amazing.  We used the Rules app to create various triggers to send automatic notifications for nearly every moderator action and we would jump on your app immediately if it had this functionality.  

Sending a mass of PMs for everything is very old-school (in my opinion) and not something a lot of people like, especially in communities where PMs are used to conduct business.  Automatic PMs feel almost like spam when a quick notification is all that's needed.

Edited by ahc