Add ability to turn off Tags in Blogs

RocketStang

50 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

I'm going to assume you use Radical Tags as I did this while it was disabled with no issues. Please reach out to the mod author @RocketStang

No, I don't have Radical Tags...I was hoping the Devs would add this option to the Blog core settings.  I only use tags and prefixes for a couple forums in a closed system...each forum has a couple tags like for sale and WTB, etc.  I don't really need a big tag system!  Just want to turn the option to add them off with in blogs.

It's hard to explain...

When I created a blog, it asked to add tags like any other topic you start, but I turned off that option on all my forums except the 4 that I do use tags in.  There is no setting to turn tags off when creating a blog.  I did submit a ticket and they said there was no option and invited mt to add this post to feedback and ideas for consideration.

It should read creating a blog entry...sorry, that is my fault!  But here is screen shots of what I see when creating a blog entry and then click on the TAG button to add tags.  BOOM...error.  (This screen grab was from edit but it is the same as new entry)

ScreenHunter_841 Sep. 30 09.42.jpg

ScreenHunter_842 Sep. 30 09.42.jpg

Edited by RocketStang

1 hour ago, RocketStang said:

It should read creating a blog entry...sorry, that is my fault!  But here is screen shots of what I see when creating a blog entry and then click on the TAG button to add tags.  BOOM...error.  (This screen grab was from edit but it is the same as new entry)

ScreenHunter_841 Sep. 30 09.42.jpg

ScreenHunter_842 Sep. 30 09.42.jpg

That would indicate that there are no tags setup in ACP -> System -> Posting -> Tags. If you are using a closed tag system, tags have to be defined there.

29 minutes ago, Jim M said:

That would indicate that there are no tags setup in ACP -> System -> Posting -> Tags. If you are using a closed tag system, tags have to be defined there.

I have tags set up in individual forums for use with the closed system.  If I were to add tags to ACP -> System -> Posting -> Tags, would they be available everywhere that tags are allowed?  I don't want tags anywhere else other than where I have them set up.  This is why I would like to turn the blog tags off.