Holiday Closure, Nov 26 & 27 ×

Community

Recent Profile Visitors

How can I activate this for all members ?

After searching on how to activate this, I was surprised that most people were asking how to disable it instead. It makes no sense at all. What kind of privacy are people talking about, It's a cool feature to check who's spying on your profile.

So, any ideas ? Because I could not find anything on ACP -> Profile settings.

Hello my friend. Whilst you search high and low for said answer, I hope to help in what way I can -- I know if you go into your 'profile' by clicking your name in the upper right corner and then clicking 'profile' from the sub-menu you will eventually scroll down to a block such as the image I present to you.

If you click that 'x' it should disable this block.

image.png.4d82375f225ad5a9d4df85139bec4c47.png

and present you with a new one that looks like the following image.

image.png.664a43ed9e7997fbf40e1875e78b8c62.png

While this is not the prescribed solution, I hope it proves useful in the meantime.

King Regards,
Brian

Hey @Brian Klein and thanks for your answer.

I already know about this but sadly this enables the block for a specific member. I can't run through all the members' profile to do this manually 😕
Also new members will still have their block disabled by default so this definitely doesn't solve the issue.

On 9/24/2020 at 3:32 AM, nikos32 said:

I already know about this but sadly this enables the block for a specific member. I can't run through all the members' profile to do this manually 😕
Also new members will still have their block disabled by default so this definitely doesn't solve the issue.

I noticed our boy @Adriano Faria has engaged this  conversation; with that said I think he would be most defiantly the one who can help. He does a lot for me and I have purchased his products and have had him even create custom modifications for me. He's a solid code-aholic in my book.

He is definitely one to hear in this situation.

Sorry the advice as of no use, I ran across it the other day; it is the only reason I know about it.

Bitwise operations is always a PITA to me. I tried this query and workend on my local install:

update core_members set members_bitoptions=members_bitoptions ^ 268435456

It preserved the existing values and added the value related to the profile visitors block.

BUT I would recommend to wait for someone from IPS to reply and see if it's ok. ( @bfarber @Mark, etc. ).

Until someone reply, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK! 🙂