Automatic RSS/Atom Feed Imports

Is it possible to make your RSS/Atom Feed Imports get updated automatically? As it stands you have to click the refresh button manually. I'm wondering if this can be automated somehow? I saw one app in the marketplace that seems to do this with the option of refreshing automatically, but it does not work with latest version of IPS. The other RSS features (for pages) do not import enough info like RSS/Atom Feed inside AdminCP does. 

Maybe somehow setup a cron to run it, but how, if that is possible?

There would be no way to make it embed YouTube links automatically, would there? I just imported a YouTube channel, it's just the title/link to video. I can past the URL in but kind of defeats the purpose of automating, I have to go in and manually past the link. I'm happy that it works, so not complaining, but it would be nice to tell it to embed these vids.

Edited by Jarrod Davis

• Management
14 hours ago, Jarrod Davis said:

There would be no way to make it embed YouTube links automatically, would there? I just imported a YouTube channel, it's just the title/link to video. I can past the URL in but kind of defeats the purpose of automating, I have to go in and manually past the link. I'm happy that it works, so not complaining, but it would be nice to tell it to embed these vids.

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• 3 years later...
On 9/22/2020 at 5:25 PM, Jarrod Davis said:

Is it possible to make your RSS/Atom Feed Imports get updated automatically? As it stands you have to click the refresh button manually. I'm wondering if this can be automated somehow? I saw one app in the marketplace that seems to do this with the option of refreshing automatically, but it does not work with latest version of IPS. The other RSS features (for pages) do not import enough info like RSS/Atom Feed inside AdminCP does. 

Maybe somehow setup a cron to run it, but how, if that is possible?

You can try this one: https://www.sosinvision.com.br/index.php?/file/290-videos-directory/

You can see the RSS working: