How to filter by additional custom fields in a template?

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

How to filter by additional fields in a template?

I cannot understand how to filter by additional fields in the "Featured Records (First page when viewing a database set to show featured articles)" template? Filtering (sorting) is available in the "Categories" template, but I can't do it in the news list ... Prompt or push on the right idea. Thanks in advance.

• Solution

Yeah, it works like that. The featured records template is meant like a “blog homepage showing latest articles”. It doesn’t do much more. 
Everything to control this view is in the database settings:

1079594257_Bildschirmfoto2020-09-22um18_45_01.thumb.png.489c32dc953f8b4d8b826b4705060c57.png

You can narrow down the selection to certain categories or featured records only but that’s it. 

Edited by opentype

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

Yeah, it works like that. The featured records template is meant like a “blog homepage showing latest articles”. It doesn’t do much more. 
Everything to control this view is in the database settings:

You can narrow down the selection to certain categories or featured records only but that’s it. 

That is, I can only sort by database categories? Is it impossible to do this by fields separately using Ajax?

screenshot-zloplay.ru-2020_09.22-19_48_31.thumb.png.16508d80ae0fa9af1914f60b6679d702.png

Is it only possible to make a drop-down menu using ntml and add links to categories there, make similar templates for each category and thus implement your idea?

Or use javascript to make a separate sorting via

data-filter='7.62'

😕