Community

Is this it, is this the end? Has it finally been taken down?

I just googled it and noticed it, too!  😱

There's another one that's been slowly dying out to the point that they're literally posting ads all over their site begging members to donate anything they can to stay up and can't even cover their monthly server costs.  I've been waiting for that one to go down for almost a year.  I've reported them a few times now.

Edited by ahc

Oh, you weren't speaking about the one I had in mind, which is still operational, unfortunately.

How does one go about reporting them? I'd be happy to do so regularly if I knew how to. (I know about making IPS aware of them but, of course, IPS already knows about these big ones.)

Edited by Meddysong
5 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

Oh, you weren't speaking about the one I had in mind, which is still operational, unfortunately.

How does one go about reporting them? I'd be happy to do so regularly if I knew how to. (I know about making IPS aware of them but, of course, IPS already knows about these big ones.)

They are hosted in a country that doesn’t care for rules. I already reported to PayPal too, as they ask for donations to buy things here, etc. Not sure PayPal took any action. 

Fortunately IPS (Lindy) always take actions against reported people, as long as you have strong evidences. 

3 hours ago, Meddysong said:

Ah that one is still up and it's been there all the time that I've been using IPS, I'm amazed.

Just now, Adriano Faria

I saw in source code of the page. There’s a donation box there. I’m talking about the WF site. 

Not sure it’s still there. 

That site has some actual balls, man. I’m just waiting for the right person to slip up so they get taken down.
Every member with a verified check mark next to their name on that site is someone who has an active license here and is willing to take resources and upload them to their site. They don’t even try to hide how brazen they are.

3 hours ago, Meddysong said:

I recall that they introduced a custom theme a few years back, and then informed their members that they weren't going to make it downloadable because so much work had gone into making it. The nerve!

Ohohohoho it gets even funnier.  They get mad when people download the files they upload to their site and put them on other sites.  It's almost like.. like the exact same thing they're doing.. 

confused ryan reynolds GIF

It's kind of funny in a way. IPS moved the marketplace to be within the ACP in the recent version. Now these places are struggling to stay online or are outright shutting down, less than a few weeks later. Either great timing, or that was an extremely effective move on IPS's part. 😄 

I was skeptical about it, but apparently results speak for themselves. It's a good day.

• 2 weeks later...