Jump to content

Community

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

v1.1.0 have been submitted, and here's a list of what you can expect in that version Custom fields You're finally able to add your own fields to the markers. These can be all the kinds

You're using a PHP version less than 7.3? A fix will be released shortly. Daniel, Adriano and other developers: PHP 7.2 and below will throw an error if you have a trailing comma in your function

It was indeed. 1.0.3 is submitted which addresses the old membermap URLs. It will do a 301 redirect from /membermap/* to /communitymap/*. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, odevriese said:

FYI, I can see the markers on iOS and MacOS with Safari, but I can't see anything with Chrome on MacOS.

Do you see any errors in your JavaScript console? Press F12 and select the “Console” tab. 

EDIT: I don't have any issues seeing your map in Chrome 86.

Edited by Martin A.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also making use of Chrome 86 on MacOS. Here is the error I have in the Console.

Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'communitymap.ips4_.markers_0' exceeded the quota.
    at Object.success (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_communitymap/front_front_showmap.js?v=34369b9…:30:44)
    at c (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js?v=34369b9…:2:28294)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js?v=34369b9…:2:29039)
    at l (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js?v=34369b9…:2:79800)
    at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js?v=34369b9…:2:82254)

 

Edited by odevriese
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, odevriese said:

I'm also making use of Chrome 86 on MacOS. Here is the error I have in the Console.


Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'communitymap.ips4_.markers_0' exceeded the quota.
    at Object.success (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_communitymap/front_front_showmap.js?v=34369b9…:30:44)
    at c (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js?v=34369b9…:2:28294)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js?v=34369b9…:2:29039)
    at l (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js?v=34369b9…:2:79800)
    at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (https://www.fmsource.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_library.js?v=34369b9…:2:82254)

 

The localStorage for your site in your browser is full. The storage quota in Windows appears to be 5200k, which is 5.2MB. The amount needed for your markers is 134kB. Either the storage quota on Mac is way lower than Windows, or you have something else that takes up quite a lot of space.

You can safely clear out everything in the local storage. What needs to be there will be rebuilt and added the next time it's needed.

Here's how you do that in the Chrome DevTools
image.png.481ddea3ca6b220418b40537286aa0c1.png
Right click on your domain, do not worry about the other domains that may appear in the list.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought and installed Community Maps.  It works ok and I was able to add a pin for myself.  A couple of members have seen it also and added pins.  I can't see to get it to import my users though.  I have two groups that I want to pin on the maps. Supporting Members, Admins, Moderators.  I have those three selected and I click Sync Profile but the markers don't show up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dknelson said:

I just bought and installed Community Maps.  It works ok and I was able to add a pin for myself.  A couple of members have seen it also and added pins.  I can't see to get it to import my users though.  I have two groups that I want to pin on the maps. Supporting Members, Admins, Moderators.  I have those three selected and I click Sync Profile but the markers don't show up.

That runs as a background task, and will process 100 members per day. The limit is set in order to now exhaust your free MapQuest API usage.

You can manually run the task "locationSync" if you want to make sure it works.

image.thumb.png.9de32e34143437bc232645f8139f8fed.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have recently upgraded from Member Map and everything seems to have gone OK (other than a slight interlude dealing with an update from PHP7.1).

I now see all my markers but they are all shown as blue pins. They were previously different colours for different member groups. To fix this, I jumped into the group permissions and edited the pin colours back to how they were. However, this hasn't worked.

Also, I seem to remember there was a way to hide certain groups from the map, so the pins are not shown. Am I imagining this or is/was it a thing?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JohnDar said:

I have recently upgraded from Member Map and everything seems to have gone OK (other than a slight interlude dealing with an update from PHP7.1).

I now see all my markers but they are all shown as blue pins. They were previously different colours for different member groups. To fix this, I jumped into the group permissions and edited the pin colours back to how they were. However, this hasn't worked.

Also, I seem to remember there was a way to hide certain groups from the map, so the pins are not shown. Am I imagining this or is/was it a thing?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Can confirm the issue with the marker color. That'll be fixed in the next release. 

I do not remember a feature that would allow you to hide a group. There is something I added a while ago that would allow you to add "group=x,y" to the URL to only show those groups, but not by default.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. The hidden group thing is no biggie. I must have dreamt it.

I have noticed that the "Allow filtering by this group?" setting, which hides a group from filters such as the online user list and member search is not honoured.

I look forward to the marker colours coming back soon. 🙂

Edited by JohnDar
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Martin A. said:

That runs as a background task, and will process 100 members per day. The limit is set in order to now exhaust your free MapQuest API usage.

You can manually run the task "locationSync" if you want to make sure it works.

image.thumb.png.9de32e34143437bc232645f8139f8fed.png

Thanks.  I'll check again tomorrow.  I installed it this morning and several hours later, none have been added.

OK...I just tried the task and it seems to be working.  Will wait and let it take it's course.

 

Edited by Dknelson
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adam.M said:

Has anyone successfully imported a kml or kmz? 

On 10/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, Martin A. said:

This works as expected on my end. If you have a lot of markers, the re-cache can take some time as it's then done as a background queue instead of instantly.

I did find a bug where one of the groups in this KMZ did not import, as this folder was inside another folder that contained markers. Previously nesten folders was possible, but not with a mix of both folders and markers. This fix will be included in the next version. 

I addressed your previous question about this. Is it still about the "Top 100 cities" kmz? The fix mentioned above it not released yet.

7 hours ago, Dknelson said:

One more quick question. When I click on a marker shouldn't the information about that member open up?  Nothing happens when I click.

Can you have a look in your Javascript console (F12 > Console) and see if there's any errors logged?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used a different browser and it seems to work correctly.  I am on a Mac.  Using Safari, which I normally do, none of the markers open up when I click on them.  I tried Firefox and it works properly.  Is their a known issue with Mac and Safari?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Martin A. said:

I addressed your previous question about this. Is it still about the "Top 100 cities" kmz? The fix mentioned above it not released yet.

Honestly this is one of the only reasons I purchased the product. If it doesn't work as advertised, I'm only requesting that it be fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dknelson said:

I used a different browser and it seems to work correctly.  I am on a Mac.  Using Safari, which I normally do, none of the markers open up when I click on them.  I tried Firefox and it works properly.  Is their a known issue with Mac and Safari?

Nothing in the error console? In Safari you have to enable a setting for this to be available. 

 

1 hour ago, Adam.M said:

Honestly this is one of the only reasons I purchased the product. If it doesn't work as advertised, I'm only requesting that it be fixed.

I did identify an issue where only 86 of them was imported, and the fix for that will be released when it’s ready. 

If no markers are showing up, please check the Javascript error console for errors and make sure the permissions for the marker groups are correct. 

Edited by Martin A.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I may not know what I'm looking for but here is the only thing I see.

[Warning] JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.bind() is deprecated (root_library.js, line 12)
[Warning] JQMIGRATE: JQMIGRATE: jQuery.cssProps is deprecated (root_library.js, line 12)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dknelson said:

I may not know what I'm looking for but here is the only thing I see.

[Warning] JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.bind() is deprecated (root_library.js, line 12)
[Warning] JQMIGRATE: JQMIGRATE: jQuery.cssProps is deprecated (root_library.js, line 12)

 

Looks like this may be an issue with LeafletJS (the library used for the map). 

Does any of the popups in this example page work? Both the circle and polygon is clickable. https://leafletjs.com/examples/quick-start/example.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

In your example, if I click on the "X", I can close the bubble above the popup.  Once I close it though, it will not open again when I click on it.

When I click on the circle, it opens and says "I am a circle". I can open and close it with no problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy