[4.5] Allow users to choose not to display topic sidebar

eGullet

I've had several members (I'd guess on laptops) complain about the wasted space from the new popularity sidebar in the topics. It would be nice to either have an ACP-configurable (e.g. without wading into the CSS) option to disable it under a certain width independent of device type, or even better, simply allow individual users to close or collapse it.

10 minutes ago, eGullet said:

I've had several members (I'd guess on laptops) complain about the wasted space from the new popularity sidebar in the topics. It would be nice to either have an ACP-configurable (e.g. without wading into the CSS) option to disable it under a certain width independent of device type, or even better, simply allow individual users to close or collapse it.

You can choose to display below first post too.

Right, but I like it! And so do many members who have commented. So I don't want to get rid of it entirely, I just want a way of better accomodating those coming to our site from smaller (but still desktop) screens.

ETA: This was a response to @Daniel F

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can choose to display below first post too.

Unfortunately the vast majority of topics where people will be interested in those status are many, many pages long: I personally really like the sidebar format, I'm just trying to work with my members who don't. I can sympathize with their position, so am seeking a way to help them.

Edited by eGullet