4.5.2 - ACP Marketplace

craigf136

Might just be me and I might just be blind. However it appears and just appears as I'm getting old and the eyesight is starting to fade and brain malfunctions at times but how can I see my managed purchases, how can I view what I own? If an application has been purchased for example but no longer installed and you want to install it again - without searching for it, you would just go to manage purchases but it's missing or is it just me?

You also do no appear to be able to sort by relevancy or filter?

9cfbbb8f0fd8c5ac4e20736b45a1ecf4.png.12c35663361a5d2422259442d4e872a5.png

e2bc234eb2b49017d006c9f078b64244.png.9a06deace70875985e08ef6404df7f83.png

Edited by craigf136

1 minute ago, Stuart Silvester said:

These items aren't available in the AdminCP Marketplace at this time, we wanted to get this out there for use and plan to add functionality as we can.

Understood but I would have thought managing purchases and orders was pretty fundamental to the marketplace in all honesty.

Edited by craigf136

20 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Understood but I would have thought managing purchases and orders was pretty fundamental to the marketplace in all honesty.

Yes, this is very ridiculous especially that there isn't even an apology or statement claiming this functionality is coming back soon. This is not a way to do software development. This might have been forgivable if the marketplace was just being introduced, but to then remove this functionality with many users already having purchases is absurd.

Just now, Haku2
20 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Yes, this is very ridiculous especially that there isn't even an apology or statement claiming this functionality is coming back soon. This is not a way to do software development. This might have been forgivable if the marketplace was just being introduced, but to then remove this functionality with many users already having purchases is absurd.

It’s not absurd as it’s still available on ips website as it was before but it’s fundamental to the marketplace and should have been included within the ACP as standard imho.

1 minute ago, craigf136 said:

It’s not absurd as it’s still available on ips website as it was before but it’s fundamental to the marketplace and should have been included within the ACP as standard imho.

Yes, you're right. It's just that if IPS is shifting the bulk of functionality and focus to the ACP, there shouldn't be a divide of features.

• Management
2 hours ago, Haku2 said:

@Haku2 You have made your feedback on the changes very clear - over and over and over in multiple topics. You've frankly left the constructive feedback/criticism category and are approaching the noise station. I am personally, and we as a company, are aware of your concerns and feedback. We have heard you, even if there aren't immediate actions available and now, it's time to let it go and move on.

@craigf136 Thank you for the feedback on this. It's a valid concern and one I'll take note of internally to ensure it's addressed soon.

And @Haku2like many others have right to be dissapointed with Your new solution about Market place - i know that personaly will never buy somthing here on new maketplace or renew some of my apps or plugins - in future only on developers sities. (where i can get my paid files). You make one absurd and like company should be shamed for that.

• Management

Anyone has a right to be disappointed, of course. We are driven by feedback, but there are times when the feedback is not going to coincide with the majority interest or that of our overall vision. The same relative handful of people regurgitating the same thing over and over is not constructive and will not change the outcome in any way.

You @Lindywant to say that your vision (IPS) was that  you steel my files?? (from marketplace) - That was bad vision - you shouls know that customers have some rights also but seems not in your vision.

In my country we said that first make clean in own house and after that in others - You can not protect own files (there are lot nulled IPS files - already 4.5.2 with patches) and you should protect developers or my files what you steel - yes steel.

1 hour ago, Lindy said:

Anyone has a right to be disappointed, of course. We are driven by feedback, but there are times when the feedback is not going to coincide with the majority interest or that of our overall vision. The same relative handful of people regurgitating the same thing over and over is not constructive and will not change the outcome in any way.

- Answer Found - (Thank You) 🥰

Appreciate yours and the teams time, and thank you for always stepping in and clearing the air.

Edited by Dean_
Found the answer.

I like the way the market place is set up and I'm sure the IPS team is working on getting any file we purchase to show in our ACP, however the IPS software is not ours nor are the app and plugins we purchase, we pay for Lease/rent (USE) of the software as most other software that you pay for its not yours.

I'm not sure what the fuss is over having the files as you can do a direct install.

I think the Team has done a great job on 4.5 and looking forward to see whats next.🙂