Has anyone used the Zapier integration?

Go to solution Solved by bfarber,

Hi,

Has anyone had access to the Zapier integration? I've been checking daily for weeks now and I can't find it. 

If you have seen it, do you know if these are possible:

• Is there a zap action to change an existing user's role?
  • Is there a trigger when someone registers that allows us to use their email address in a follow up action?
  • Is there a trigger for when someone buys something on the store?

If these are not possible then I can stop checking Zapier each daily because it won't be able to do what I need...

If anyone knows, I'd be grateful if you could tell me. 

Thanks,

Nigel

On 9/9/2020 at 3:59 PM, Paul E. said:

Zapier integration is in Beta for CIC customers only on 4.5. If you are self-hosted, you don't have access to it at this time.

If you are a CIC customer, ask support for assistance.

Thanks @Paul E.. We're on the regular cloud solution on 4.5.2. I've ask @Rhett and the support team about Zapier and they say that they are waiting for the general approval from Zapier.

I am happy to be patient, I was just wondering if anyone who is currently using the Beta can tell me what the triggers/actions are.

17 hours ago, nigeld27 said:

Thanks @Paul E.. We're on the regular cloud solution on 4.5.2. I've ask @Rhett and the support team about Zapier and they say that they are waiting for the general approval from Zapier.

I am happy to be patient, I was just wondering if anyone who is currently using the Beta can tell me what the triggers/actions are.

Nobody will be able to use it until it's approved on Zapier, which is making some progress, I'm sorry for the delay. 

They sent me this email in reply...seems pretty generic and inapplicable to what Invision is doing, but just wanted to let ya'll know. @Rhett

Most new Zapier integrations are actually built by the companies/teams that created the apps themselves. Here’s how new services typically get added to Zapier:
https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/request-to-add-a-new-app-to-zapier

Since you’re already a customer there, you also might encourage their team to add their app to Zapier via our developer platform:
https://zapier.com/platform

Requests like this always carry a bit more weight when they come from customers rather than u

Another reply from Zapier:

I checked if we had an Invision Community integration but couldn't find anything, so I assumed they weren't building it yet, sorry about that!

I checked our Partners approval queue and I can see that there is a private app for Invision Community waiting for a reply from our team.

I'll make sure to let them know the Invision Community customers are eager to get this out!

Let us know if you've any more questions!

On 9/25/2020 at 5:27 PM, Nate Sheets said:

Another reply from Zapier:

I checked if we had an Invision Community integration but couldn't find anything, so I assumed they weren't building it yet, sorry about that!

I checked our Partners approval queue and I can see that there is a private app for Invision Community waiting for a reply from our team.

I'll make sure to let them know the Invision Community customers are eager to get this out!

Let us know if you've any more questions!

@Nate Sheets Am I reading that correctly: You have started chasing Zapier themselves to get this moving? If yes, then I love your style. Is there a way I can jump on your wagon and nag them? 

@Rhett thanks for the response although it would be much more helpful if you could give us an estimate for when the Zapier integration will be approved. Or failing that, if you could say when it will definitely not be available, i.e. "We definitely will not have it before 2021", then we can all plan accordingly.

Also I think you should remove Zapier from your 4.5 release notes. It's like every day our site shows that blue banner, lying to my face about Zapier integrations. My heart can't take it!

26 minutes ago, nigeld27 said:

@Nate Sheets Am I reading that correctly: You have started chasing Zapier themselves to get this moving? If yes, then I love your style. Is there a way I can jump on your wagon and nag them? 

@Rhett thanks for the response although it would be much more helpful if you could give us an estimate for when the Zapier integration will be approved. Or failing that, if you could say when it will definitely not be available, i.e. "We definitely will not have it before 2021", then we can all plan accordingly.

Also I think you should remove Zapier from your 4.5 release notes. It's like every day our site shows that blue banner, lying to my face about Zapier integrations. My heart can't take it!

Our team is working on this, I don't have an exact ETA at this point, but we will update any info we have as soon as we have it.   I would refrain from the "lying in your face" comments though, that isn't very nice, nor appreciated.  p.s. you shouldn't have a blue banner on your site, if you are not up to date, then please upgrade!  😛  

Edit/Add >  the best estimate we have  right now on this being approved is 3-4 weeks or sooner, sooner being the goal!  🙂  

9 hours ago, Rhett said:

Our team is working on this, I don't have an exact ETA at this point, but we will update any info we have as soon as we have it.   I would refrain from the "lying in your face" comments though, that isn't very nice, nor appreciated.  p.s. you shouldn't have a blue banner on your site, if you are not up to date, then please upgrade!  😛  

Edit/Add >  the best estimate we have  right now on this being approved is 3-4 weeks or sooner, sooner being the goal!  🙂  

Sorry Rhett, the 'lying to my face' was slightly in jest and not meant to be offensive. Although does Invision not agree that from a customer perspective, whether or not it is Invision or Zapier's fault, the 4.5 product release notes are implying a function that 4.5 can't currently do? That's just my interpretation and feeling. There is no need to respond - this probably sounds more accusatory in writing than if I was saying it out loud. On the whole I am 100% supportive and appreciative of everything the Invision team does, and this is a small communication thing.

We are going to do the 4.5 update + release a new language + do the Zapier integrations all in one big update, which is why it is useful to know some firmer dates. Thanks for the edit: We'll schedule our update to happen in 3-4 weeks then (maybe 4 to be safe!) 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, Matt said:

There is no 'fault' - there's just an approval process to go through, and we are currently proceeding through that process now.

On 10/2/2020 at 12:37 AM, Rhett said:

Hello Team. 3-4 weeks have passed... Any updates on Zapier? I can't see find an Invision app when I search on Zapier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for my slow response, I've been off work.

I can confirm that the beta Zapier integration is working with our site and everything seems good. There is one thing I was hoping for (an action to change someone's group) but I'll try and think of a work around.

Thank you Invision team for getting it up and running.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was working on some Zapier integrations and stumbled upon Invision Community being an app and got super excited.  I'm still excited seeing that it is now in Beta here and moving forward. 

I know this might not be the best place for a suggestion/back, but I truly hope that I can pull feature images from articles as that would allow so much automation when it comes to image only social media.  Currently the RSS feed app does not know what image to pull and I have yet to find a work around.  (I'm self hosted, so can't try the app yet).