Elasticsearch 7.9.1 not working on 4.5.1

Hi,

Is anyone running elasticsearch 7.9 with 4.5.1? Could have sworn I read somewhere that it was supported and the files claims MINIMUM_VERSION = '6.0.0', UNSUPPORTED_VERSION = '8.0.0', but on a test install I'm getting the following errors whenever it's being used.

This is when looking at all activity (/forum/discover/)

Array
(
    [root_cause] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [type] => x_content_parse_exception
                    [reason] => [1:72] [bool] failed to parse field [should]
                )
        )
    [reason] => [1:72] [bool] failed to parse field [filter]
    [caused_by] => Array
        (
            [reason] => [1:72] [bool] failed to parse field [should]
            [caused_by] => Array
                (
                    [type] => illegal_state_exception
                    [reason] => expected value but got [START_ARRAY]
                )
        )
)

Backtrace;
#0 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/system/Content/Search/Elastic/Query.php(1123): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/discover/streams.php(360): IPS\Content\Search\Elastic\_Query->search()
#2 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\discover\_streams->manage()
#3 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/discover/streams.php(57): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\discover\_streams->execute()
#5 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Searching gives same error. Backtrace:
#0 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/system/Content/Search/Elastic/Query.php(1123): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(700): IPS\Content\Search\Elastic\_Query->search()
#2 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(86): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->_results()
#3 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->manage()
#4 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/site/chro/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Any tips would be appreciated 🙂

Edited by PJStalls

Thank you for finding the most recent working version of Elasticsearch!

Another thread with the exact same error was posted a few weeks ago, and later in the thread @bfarber posted the reason for why the latest version of Elasticsearch does not work, but he did not specify which versions would work:

On 8/24/2020 at 3:44 PM, bfarber said:

ElasticSearch 7.6 or 7.7 changed the format of queries, so you need to be running less than that.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:55 AM, bfarber said:

Yes I couldn't remember the specific version where this broke. Thank you for confirming 7.6.2 is ok.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding elastic's documentation, yet I don't think 7.6 is getting updates or bug fixes anymore. It would seem that it would be prudent to stick with 6.8 until this is resolved. They do occasionally have security fixes, and 6.8 is still being patched.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...