[Delete] Mobile App Feedback

ahc

I was finally able to download the communities app after several attempts and I'm not at all happy with it really, so far.  I know it's new and more functionality/features will be added, but 95% of our website cannot be accessed via the app.  This feedback was unexpectedly cut short.  While testing and taking notes, I went to the ACP to add a new link into the app navigation.  Now I am no longer able to access my community even though it's not under review.  Clicking on it from the "My Communities" tab via the app just loads up a blank white space and nothing can be done unless I force exit the app.

• Gallery: We're art based, so we use the gallery app heavily and most of our content displays these images in some capacity among various pages via widgets and blocks.  Our images don't display anywhere, not even the new images grid that displays by default on the gallery view page.  When you click to view categories, you can see the category thumbnails fine, but as soon as you click a category to view its images, nothing shows up.  It's just a lot of empty space or stacks of empty sections where images are supposed to be.  Screenshot
  • Gallery Part 2: Everything is squished together and it seems the app picks and chooses which html/css it wants to render.  The custom html/css we have installed for category links is displaying, but the html/css we have implemented that makes sure images are displayed to the correct usergroups respectively doesn't seem to be triggering at all and it displays everything to anyone regardless of their group.  Screenshot of info being squished together.
  • Links: No links are clickable unless they're within a topic/post in the forums or one of the main links at the top of the app.  Any pages that have custom links added, clicking on them does nothing as if it were a dead link.  This makes navigating a lot of our website difficult/non-existent as we use the main navigation to get people to the correct area, and rely on custom sidebar navigations to let them choose where they want to go within the area that they've chosen.  None of these links work to bring them to the appropriate gallery categories. Screenshot
  • Notification Errors:  To test the push notifications, I had someone tag me to see how notifications would show up.  After a few tries, I never received the notifications via mobile, but I did receive them on the website.  Going to system logs, I noticed an error popped up relating to mobile notifications citing "Invalid Credentials".  (I'm sending this in via ticket.)

I've barely scratched the surface and I'm sure there's a lot more for me to add, but I can't proceed until I regain access to the community again.  The app is really only going to work right now for people who mostly just use IPB's default forum system and a few pages with little customization that require little to no interaction.

Edited by ahc

• 2 weeks later...

This can be deleted.  We can't wait around for white label service on an app that doesn't even work for a website that doesn't focus on forums, so we've gone ahead and commissioned someone to create us a custom mobile app.

1 hour ago, ahc said:

This can be deleted.  We can't wait around for white label service on an app that doesn't even work for a website that doesn't focus on forums, so we've gone ahead and commissioned someone to create us a custom mobile app.

Yeah.  Feels like the app wants to make our forums "facebook groups" in an IPB social platform. I run a business so I agree with the OP that we need Advertising and an ability to show more than just the default IPB if this is going to work and not break our entire site (business) experience to our users. 

Edited by Fast Lane!

Thanks for the feedback; it sounds like a couple of the issues you noted are bugs, so we'll be able to address those as such.

We've been upfront that firstly the app is in its early stages but also that it won't necessarily be ideal for every community. If you have a lot of customization (be it plugins or lots of custom pages) it's probably not going to be the best solution for you. We may devise a solution to that in future but right now it'll be focused on core 'out of the box' functionality.

I'll lock this since you have struck out your first post, but I just wanted to address your points too.