Removal of $15 Domain Change

5 hours ago, day_ said:

Not wanting to get anyones backs up with this but I've read all 3 pages and feels like IPS are under attack here, maybe justifiably so in some cases, but just wanted to chime in and go against the grain, I'm happy with IPS terms and conditions and have no issues keeping an active licence for your continued development and support. 

11 years in having been through vBulletin, Xenforo to get here my members have never been happier with the platform. 

My forum is monetised well and covers all costs, renewal fees are just part of the outgoings to ensure my community is refreshed with new features and security fixes.

I've been around a long time too,  a lot of us have. There is no 'attack here' we're simply expressing our views. As Lindy has said in the past many times... Express our views and it's taken on board and sometimes changed. We have seen it, sometimes it doesn't change but if we do not speak out, nothing gets 'changed' and sometimes, that can be for the worse.

It's nice to see that I am not the only one, not liking the idea to not be able to download the files manually, or have an active licence in order to download files or updates to them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 4:41 PM, Dean_ said:

It's nice to see that I am not the only one, not liking the idea to not be able to download the files manually, or have an active licence in order to download files or updates to them.

You are not the only one. I personally feel, IPS did it to force people on renewals. 

I really was super pissed on updating site. Like, I had to spend freaking 1-2 hr to link all my addons and plugins with the useless search from admin CP. I wish they had direct link option. Two developers, decided to change their addon name and I ended up searching for minutes for right new names. 

Edited by AlexJ

• Management

7 hours ago, Ziggs said:

I just paid the $15 fee out of ignorance because I was scrapping one project and using my license to start another.  Had I realized that I could open a support ticket for this, I'd have done so.

I feel a bit chapped about this, but I'll remember it next time. 😡

I've reviewed your account and under the circumstances, refunded that fee.

3 hours ago, AlexJ said:

You are not the only one. I personally feel, IPS did it to force people on renewals. 

I really was super pissed on updating site. Like, I had to spend freaking 1-2 hr to link all my addons and plugins with the useless search from admin CP. I wish they had direct link option. Two developers, decided to change their addon name and I ended up searching for minutes for right new names. 

I'm unsure what domain resets have to do with renewals - there's two different dialogues seemingly occurring in this topic. To your point, however, the goal isn't to "force" renewals - that's a bad business model we've never subscribed to. The reasons for this change have been outlined elsewhere.

I am sorry you had a rough experience and we're open to ways to improve the initial transition. With that said, do note this is a one-time transition. Once done, your authorized resources will be linked to the Marketplace for seamless upgrades and maintenance moving forward.

As this topic is going in multiple directions, we're going to close it down to prevent further confusion. As always, even in cases where we can't accommodate specific feedback, we do appreciate it nonetheless, as well as your continued business!