Jump to content

Current stable release: 4.5.1 - Error ACP Admin


kosmit
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, I had version 4.4 and updated to 4.5, the update did not come to the end because I got this error below and there was nothing I could do, I made a restore copy and I cannot log into ACP Admin, how do I fix it?

 

Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
/home/****/domains/****/public_html/system/Application/Application.php::1667
ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` ADD COLUMN `card_image` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT 'Card image file name'

Falling back from 4.5 to 4.4 APC Admin bug

IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'session_cookie_key' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/****/domains/****/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(968): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Session\\_...', Array)
#1 /home/***/domains/*****/public_html/system/Session/Admin.php(123): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sys_cp_ses...', Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write('35e493c54713f3c...', '')
#3 /home/***/domains/****/public_html/system/Session/Session.php(149): session_regenerate_id()
#4 /home/***/domains/*****/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(210): IPS\_Session->setMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#5 /home/***/domains/*****/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(99): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->_doLogin(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home/***/domains/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->manage()
#7 /home/***/domains/****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/***/domains/****/public_html/****/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

 

ERROR 4.5.1 Beta 3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Describe your fallback procedure, give people an idea of what you have done to recover.

I have restored the files I had on 4.4 and now I cannot login to ACP, I get this error, what should I do?

Will deleting all 4.4 files and adding only 4.5 fix the bug, what is now?

Edited by kosmit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It works ACP Admin, 

 Happy Will Ferrell GIF

 

Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
/home/****/domains/****/public_html/system/Application/Application.php::1667
ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` ADD COLUMN `card_image` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT 'Card image file name'

And this error, after switching to 4.5, what does it appear? I know it doesn't add card_image to my database table for that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, kosmit said:

It works ACP Admin, 

 Happy Will Ferrell GIF

 


Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
/home/****/domains/****/public_html/system/Application/Application.php::1667
ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` ADD COLUMN `card_image` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT 'Card image file name'

And this error, after switching to 4.5, what does it appear? I know it doesn't add card_image to my database table for that

Most likely, your forums_forums table has a very large number of non-default columns that should be removed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

We have an improvement to the support tool and pre-upgrade checklist coming in 4.5.4 that will check for this. 🙂  This wasn't really a common thing in the past but we've seen it come up more recently so we're indeed looking to help catch the problem and direct users with regards to resolving it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 9:35 AM, bfarber said:

We have an improvement to the support tool and pre-upgrade checklist coming in 4.5.4 that will check for this. 🙂  This wasn't really a common thing in the past but we've seen it come up more recently so we're indeed looking to help catch the problem and direct users with regards to resolving it.

Some sort of script that will search out all tables with compact rows and alter the row would be nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

You mean something like this?

93941785-24a5ea00-fcfd-11ea-9122-a425acd075d3.png

 

That's included in 4.5.4 which was released yesterday 🙂 

Perfect timing!  I'll go update.

Edit: Wait, no.  I want something that will run a query to alter the table, not just tell me I have tables that need to be altered. 

Edited by CheersnGears
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those of you who have SSH access, I've created a bash script.

You'll need your database name, database user, and database password.

Unzip this file, edit the file to replace the database name (without quotes), username (with quotes) and password (with quotes)

Upload it to a directory and run ./compact2dynamic.sh

delete the file when it is finished.

Some tables will take a significant amount of time to complete. My Search Index table took 20 minutes.

After it is complete, run an Optimize Table on all tables (I use phpMyAdmin for this) and all should be well. 

This script worked just fine on my setup and removed the warning in the control panel about the compact row types.  As always Caviar Empty... or whatever.

compact2dynamic.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Arahnid said:

Will this command change row_format for all tables or only for those with row_format = compact? Otherwise, I have tables from other cms in my database...

It changes everything to dynamic, which is the latest default for Barracuda anyway.  If your other CMS can handle dynamic, there shouldn't be any harm in allowing those rows to go dynamic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CheersnGears said:

It changes everything to dynamic, which is the latest default for Barracuda anyway.  If your other CMS can handle dynamic, there shouldn't be any harm in allowing those rows to go dynamic.

Hi, does this change require a specific server  I am told shared server cannot support this change,

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bluejag
7 hours ago, CheersnGears said:

It changes everything to dynamic, which is the latest default for Barracuda anyway.  If your other CMS can handle dynamic, there shouldn't be any harm in allowing those rows to go dynamic.

Hi, does this change require a specific server  I am told shared server cannot support this change,

thanks

It should work on any server you have ssh access to, shared or not. You specify the database name in the file so it will only alter tables in that database and it will only all you to make changes if you have the username and password for your database ( which you must have to run IPS in the first place)

tl/dr yes it will work on shared server as long as you can run the script.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
On 8/30/2020 at 8:07 PM, kosmit said:

Hello, I had version 4.4 and updated to 4.5, the update did not come to the end because I got this error below and there was nothing I could do, I made a restore copy and I cannot log into ACP Admin, how do I fix it?

Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
/home/****/domains/****/public_html/system/Application/Application.php::1667
ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` ADD COLUMN `card_image` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT 'Card image file name'

 

 

On 10/11/2020 at 11:45 PM, alistairgd66 said:

I think I have the same error during an upgrade. I don't know if support is closed on Sundays but I have had no response today and a hung upgrade in my browser and would appreciate any help.

Error1.thumb.JPG.febe2c1b9bd1daeb85ccba6248cb2057.JPG

Such issue usually arise when your database table is format is COMPACT and you would want to convert it into DYNAMIC.

The easy solution (if you're on a cPanel server) is to go to the phpMyAdmin --> select your forums database --> click on the SQL tab; and execute the following command:

for @kosmit

ALTER TABLE forums_forums ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;

for @alistairgd66

ALTER TABLE ibf_core_applications ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;

Then continue (click Retry button) with the upgrade process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...