4.5.1 - Still not detecting application updates?

I remember seeing the issue with the betas that application (and plugin?) updates may not be detected immediately.

Admins could repeatedly "Check for updates" or run the equivalent task in Tools to force it along.

I'm now running 4.5.1 (non-beta) - I still have applications that are outdated.

I know this because when I click on the "Marketplace" link next to them, the Marketplace page shows a newer version along with the message "This resource is already installed and up to date" (even though it isn't).

I've tried repeated "Check for updates"... There are still no updates detected.

Am I missing something?

Is this still a known bug? (The bug tracker seems emptied & I'm unable to add new items)

I've been "Checking for updates" for multiple days now (including time doing it in beta 3) to no avail.

Thanks!

Edited by haqzore

9 hours ago, haqzore said:

I'm now running 4.5.1 (non-beta) - I still have applications that are outdated.

I know this because when I click on the "Marketplace" link next to them, the Marketplace page shows a newer version along with the message "This resource is already installed and up to date" (even though it isn't).

I've tried repeated "Check for updates"... There are still no updates detected.

I had a similar issue yesterday. Two plugins were not detected after running the update tool many times. So, I opened up the apps & plugins and clicked on 'marketplace' which took me to the file, from there I selected, update and it updated the plugin.

Edited by Dean_
Updated.

3 hours ago, Dean_ said:

I had a similar issue yesterday. Two plugins were not detected after running the update tool many times. So, I opened up the marketplace, went to the plugin and clicked on 'marketplace' which took me to the file, from there I selected, update and it updated the plugin.

Sorry, I'm confused here.

Opened up the marketplace, went to the plugin, clicked on 'marketplace'?

9 minutes ago, haqzore said:

Feel free to submit a ticket if you're having an issue. 4.5.1 (inc the betas) contained a number of improvements for checking for updates of Marketplace resources, I haven't seen any tickets to indicate these changes have issues yet.

18 minutes ago, haqzore said:

Sorry, I meant Plugins or Applications and you can click the marketplace link.

Best to do what Stuart said.

Edited by Dean_

On 8/29/2020 at 10:04 AM, Dean_ said:

Sorry, I meant Plugins or Applications and you can click the marketplace link.

Best to do what Stuart said.

Gotcha, but I addressed this in the OP:

On 8/29/2020 at 12:58 AM, haqzore said:

... when I click on the "Marketplace" link next to them, the Marketplace page shows a newer version along with the message "This resource is already installed and up to date" (even though it isn't).

As an FYI, I did open a ticket for a specific Application & it was resolved. No detail, just simple "I resolved it", and it did indeed detect the update.

Another question - is it intended to not have a "Check for Updates" button on the Plugin page? Only the Application page?

4 hours ago, haqzore said:

This is good, but if that's the case they should have a "check for updates" button on the plugins page too (imo) 

I think it checks for updates for Themes from marketplace as well? But... I've never downloaded a theme from the marketplace, so not sure. There's one task that checks for updates, and it's correct that the only place a button presently appears in 4.5 is in the Applications page. The task runs daily as part of the scheduled system tasks (System > Tasks > "updateCheck"). The button is a shortcut to run that task on demand.

3 hours ago, Paul E. said:

I think it checks for updates for Themes from marketplace as well?

And language packs... basically anything you can get from the Marketplace in your AdminCP.

The update check is less important in 4.5.1, if you visit the Marketplace listing in the AdminCP it will always use live data to determine if an update is available.