Holiday Closure, Nov 26 & 27 ×

Community

As a few already know, a Community Member, Developer, "Spanner", Dawid passed away Friday 21st August due a motorcycle accident.

https://invisioncommunity.com/profile/66723-spanner/

Translated from PL to ENG:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fglos24.pl%2Fwypadek-na-al-powstancow-slaskich-motocyklista-zginal-na-miejscu

RIP.

I'm so shocked to see this.  I've known him since my community made the switch to Invision and he's one of the best people I've had the pleasure of working with over the past few years under several projects.  Truly an expert in his work and all-around good person.  I hope his family and loved ones find peace.

The day Spanner died I was emailing him some ideas for his recently released matketplace app.  My last email from him was an hour before the crash.  He liked one idea because it would stretch his creativity to the max and was stoked to dive right into it later that night.  He always acted professionally and didn't seem prone to rushing into anything.  Once he left the office it appears a different side of him emerged.  I didn't get to really know him to figure out if things were less than ideal in his personal life and it affected his judgment accordingly.  

I am definitely seeing my fair share of folks in the Seattle area that don't appear to be handling the effects of the global pandemic well.  People are doing things I suspect they normally wouldn't do.  Its probably not a bad idea to check in with friends and family periodically to see if they are "really" doing okay.  

Oh my god . terrible news . big loss for the community . such a great guy and developer .

My thoughts go to his family and friends, rest in peace my friend

You will be missed and remembered

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😢

Life can throw many unexpected hurdles in our path, but this was one hurdle that could not be surmounted, and it is a great sadness that descends when someone with such great potential is snatched away from us.  Thoughts and prayers are with his family who must be so distraught at their loss.  Just remember that as long as Dawid stays in our thoughts he will always be with us.  Rest in peace.

1 hour ago, Qubabos said:

i´ll translate this for all who have met him "online", worked with him, and felt his passion for his work.

Darling, thank you for 10 years of marriage and 16 years of living with you.

Magda

DAWID BARUCH

Beloved son, husband,

daddy, son in law, grandson, brother

brother in law, uncle

reached age of 36 years

passed away suddenly on August 21st, 2020

.. time details of funeral..

I met Dawid 7 years ago when I started my adventure with IPS. At the beginning it was occasional contacts, help with my lack of skills, then more over online meetings, discussions, bugfixes of his applications that I used. We've been writing to each other almost every day for some time. He had a head full of ideas and I helped him achieve something more, or cooled down his enthusiasm in introducing new functions. It hurts the most when I look at the latest (SD) E-CommercePlus application. I persuaded him to introduce integration with wholesalers' price lists (which worked perfectly) and to link the prices of products in Commerce with different rates of product commissions. After all, the very name of the application - CommercePlus- is the result of our joint discussions. We also worked together on the Polish translation pack - we both believe that we had the best translation for our native language, we updated it frequently along with the translations for his applications. I did not know Dawid personally, but I was terribly stunned by the news. What hurts the most - Dawid left two very small children and a wife 😞 Not so long ago, I lost my daughter and I remember how Dawid behaved in this situation. Maybe that's why I was so touched by his passing. Dawid was a very nice guy, even if someone let him down, took advantage of him or made fun of him, he was still a nice and eager guy - he did what he liked and what is rare - he shared his knowledge willingly and selflessly. 

Edited by Qubabos
  • Management

I'm very saddened to hear of this news. Dawid was one of our most prolific and talented third party authors, but beyond that, he was a husband and father to young children - that hits close to home for any of us dads. His shoes will be left unfilled both personally and professionally. My deepest sympathies to his family, friends and loved ones. May he rest in peace. 

@Qubabos - I'm sorry for both of your losses. 😞 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...