Sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file.

mark007

15 hours ago, mark007 said:

I bought lot's of plugins an applications, but now (since 4.5 here) I always get this message:

"Sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file."

What's wrong?

The Marketplace now (we introduced this change a few months ago) requires an active license. I can see you've just renewed your license so you should have access to it now. If you're still seeing the issue, please submit a ticket and let us know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 7:01 AM, Stuart Silvester said:

The Marketplace now (we introduced this change a few months ago) requires an active license.

This is very disappointing.  I suspect it will affect developers too.  That was one of the best parts of IPS for me, the active developer community.  It's not likely I will switch as I am pretty invested in IPS, but as others have pointed out, forums are dying a slow death, this is not helping.

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

This is very disappointing.  I suspect it will affect developers too.  That was one of the best parts of IPS for me, the active developer community.  It's not likely I will switch as I am pretty invested in IPS, but as others have pointed out, forums are dying a slow death, this is not helping.

I know how you feel. It is ridiculous to have to pay so much money just to access the marketplace files you have already paid for. You now have to renew all of your suite's app licenses just to access one marketplace update. And, if you try to get around paying for all of your suite's apps renewals by cancelling some, you then have to pay full price if you ever want them back. I've been holding off on renewing for this reason. Furthermore, as a developer, who wants to have to pay over $100 on renewals (if you own almost all of the official apps) to release one app that maybe has integration with one official app at best?

so if my license expires in a week, and i just paid renewal of marketplace items for another half / full year

that means I only have access to them for a week? this on top of 20% commission you're charging developer while also require active license just to have access to marketplace

for real?

Edited by Eudemon

13 hours ago, Haku2 said:

I know how you feel. It is ridiculous to have to pay so much money just to access the marketplace files you have already paid for. You now have to renew all of your suite's app licenses just to access one marketplace update. And, if you try to get around paying for all of your suite's apps renewals by cancelling some, you then have to pay full price if you ever want them back. I've been holding off on renewing for this reason. Furthermore, as a developer, who wants to have to pay over $100 on renewals (if you own almost all of the official apps) to release one app that maybe has integration with one official app at best?

19 minutes ago, xisto said:

I m quiting IPB. They are acting like beggars now.

Join our other topic:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/458218-removal-of-15-domain-change/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-2828512

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, stonewolf777 said:

"Sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file"

The way you treat your clients shows exactly were are you going to! IPS is obsolete (just like T1000). Asking every 6 month for a complete suite more than 100$ only to have access to files for which I PAID AND CAN'T get them? What if I lost my backups? Huh? 

I like the format Word Press uses - you can download an app and/or install it on the admin side.  In this fashion, you have both options.