InvisionHQ 4.5 upgrades

On 11/16/2020 at 3:23 AM, bearback said:

sorry to ask again i know your busy is members age going to be updated to 4.5, thank you

Author/Developer has not responded to any requests regarding Member's Age since the release of 4.5.  Personally, I find it rude and unprofessional.  A true insight into the character of the Developer and what you can expect of any app they may author.  Really, how difficult is a response?  "I have abandoned the app" or " I have not yet realized the time to upgrade it"?   Thumbs down. 😞

1 hour ago, Noble~ said:

If you look back on his posts you can see clearly see he has been updating them one at a time.👍

I have read the whole thread, thanks, and messaged.  There is absolutely no reference or response to MEMBERS AGE, despite multiple member requests for status update.

2 hours ago, SMen said:

Author/Developer has not responded to any requests regarding Member's Age since the release of 4.5.  Personally, I find it rude and unprofessional.  A true insight into the character of the Developer and what you can expect of any app they may author.  Really, how difficult is a response?  "I have abandoned the app" or " I have not yet realized the time to upgrade it"?   Thumbs down. 😞

Mah...

Edited by nicolo
2 hours ago, SMen said:

WOW. We have a digital Sigmund Freud here. Thank you for the rude, for the unprofessional and careful analysis of my character. 
I think I have answered hundreds of questions privately and in the various topics, and I have made a clear advice in the Member Age support topic that you will have updates in this discussion. If this is not enough, I take note of it. 

I received only a question in the support topic if I was going to update Members Age and this is my answer:

Yes, follow my topic InvisionHQ 4.5 updates

Having said that I will avoid analyzing your person from what you wrote here because it shows a superficiality and a total lack of empathy that would piss off the most polite and calm person on the planet and I never liked feeding trolls.

In conclusion, I will now speed up the update on this FREE plugin but I inform you now that it will be distributed outside the IPS marketplace. So you'll need to request it directly from me.  

Edited by InvisionHQ

@InvisionHQ I am not beyond apologizing when I am wrong, and I am certainly wrong for making a judgement of your "character".  You DID indeed respond to me in the Members Age Topic, directing to following this update topic.  However, in the last 9 or 10 weeks, multiple requests in this thread have asked for an update and there has been no response until now.  I even mentioned in a post that you were likely working on Paid apps first before free apps.  Totally understandable.

I offer my public apology to you for attacking your character.  It was wrong of me to do that, regardless of the situation.

• 4 weeks later...

@InvisionHQ - I've found something worthy of note for the Moods plugin. 

It seems that in the support centre, it says that there is a problem with the database. Upon clicking it, I am presented with this:

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

UPDATE `bdmoods_updates` SET `update_textmood`='' WHERE `update_textmood` IS NULL;
ALTER TABLE `bdmoods_updates` CHANGE COLUMN `update_textmood` `update_textmood` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL ;

Should I run that query?

Edited by Tripp★
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...