Just tried the mobile app... Yikes.

Fast Lane!

1 hour ago, opentype said:

It’s not public yet. But if you run a 4.5 beta, you can find the links for Android/iOS test versions in the ACP

19 minutes ago, Archimed said:

On iOS you need "TestFlight" to get the beta version of Invision Community.

And you need to have 4.5 Beta on your board to send your board for approval on this app.

As said in my first reply I’m on the Beta and using test flight. 😂

What is with technology hating me at the moment!

Oh I may not be on the latest version? I’m currently using 0.1.17 of the IPS Community app?

(Edit) - I must be using the original beta App and not the public beta app which links to the Beta IPS Forums, as when you click that it says it’s not accepting of new testers.

Edited by Dean_

12 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

As said in my first reply I’m on the Beta and using test flight. 😂

What is with technology hating me at the moment!

Oh I may not be on the latest version? I’m currently using 0.1.17 of the IPS Community app?

(Edit) - I must be using the original beta App and not the public beta app which links to the Beta IPS Forums, as when you click that it says it’s not accepting of new testers.

Maybe you are mixing up the two available apps? There is one for Invision Community (this site) and a separate one for Invision Communities. 

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

Maybe you are mixing up the two available apps? There is one for Invision Community (this site) and a separate one for Invision Communities. 

I believe so, I must’ve forgot there was two and never signed up to the other. 

The IPS app is promising, I like certain parts of it and with everything there's stuff which could be better (yet I see this happening with time). I think once 4.5.0 goes final, further improvements will be made.

Personally, I am pleased IPS have made such a huge strive to catering to what many of their clients wanted.

It's encouraging, this said, I won't be using it but I might use the IPS site app to visit these forums. I have a solution already created by @Jon Erickson which I am more encouraged by. Nonetheless, I wouldn't take anything from the promising signs with the official IPS app(s).

On 8/13/2020 at 11:29 AM, Dean_ said:

OK, I don't have this at all, I was using the Beta app, and that's all I can seem to find on the AppStore from Apple. All I can do is login via the app to this community, I can't find the other to search communities.

There are two apps:

Invision Community

Invision Communities.  

They both have the same logo, so it's very easy to confuse them.  The first one is the "white label" version for InvisionCommunity.com.  The second one is the one for all communities, and is already populated with several live communities.  

10 hours ago, bfarber said:

Web views are supported for anything that doesn't have a native view.

I know you guys have stated that you are interested in possibly providing white label services in the future.  Would you guys have a ballpark of how much that kind of service would cost? 

• 3 months later...
On 8/9/2020 at 2:47 PM, Rikki said:

Thanks for the feedback - it's definitely early stages. We'll be looking to improve performance as time goes on, as well as add functionality. There's only one codebase for both iOS/Android, but that is indeed (currently) separate from the main product. It's very much 'work in progress' right now 🙂 

How does one actually get their site added to this?

• 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

They did make an app, for iOS and Android, in the last couple of years. They are now dead in the water though.

As I said, it is like they didn't make it at all. : )

Edited by Nehaj