4.2.x mobile nav link doesn't open in new window

Hey guys,

I have an older site where we've added a menu item, set it to "open in new window", works fine on desktop browser, but on mobile, it doesn't open a new window/tab.  It's like this on the default theme too, so it's something with the IPS theme.

I can go in and fix it manually, but I want to check if there's some option I don't remember on 4.2 or if this is normal...

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, aXen | 1s2k said:

Show your webpage.

Sadly, it's adult content and I cannot link it here. 

Let me show you the code of it though, I know it's not grabbing the new window. But here let me give a snippet of what's happening.

For desktop:

<li id="elNavSecondary_33" data-role="navBarItem" data-navapp="core" data-navext="CustomItem" data-originalwidth="129" class="">

<a href="https://someadultadvertisementlink.com" target="_blank" data-navitem-id="33">
					Local Dating 
				</a>

</li>

For mobile: it's missing the target="_blank"

<li><a href="https://someadultadvertisementlink.com">Local Dating </a></li>

This is an old version of IPS. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a feature implemented since it was not designed mobile first and a lot of stuff was gimped back then on mobile views.

The code is correct. Check for JS errors in the console, as this function will use JS and may lockout if any code fails.

It does not open a new window, but when you click on the link, you have the effect of moving the screen on the mobile. 

2 minutes ago, aXen | 1s2k said:

The code is correct. Check for JS errors in the console, as this function will use JS and may lockout if any code fails.

It does not open a new window, but when you click on the link, you have the effect of moving the screen on the mobile. 

Checked that as well. No errors at all. What it does is just reload the page to the clicked link.