When installing mobile app it should AUTO ADD your community

Morrigan

This is just a UX thing. If you're prompted to or you install the app it should automatically add the community that you're adding it from. This could be just because I've installed it from the ACP but that shouldn't change the design here. Having to search for the community after the fact is just a step people won't enjoy taking.

5 hours ago, Rikki said:

I don't think that'd be feasible because the app stores aren't going to pass on referrer info to the app to know which community you tapped from. Maybe some way of quickly adding a community would be a compromise? A 4 digit code or a QR code maybe?

Hi Rikki,

What will be the name of the mobile application? (iOS)(multi-community)
Does the current app currently support iOS 14 beta versions? (multi-community)
When are white-label applications used, any plan?
When will you explain what premium options are? (multi-community)

Thanks. 🙂 

Edited by uA_Y_C_A

7 hours ago, Morrigan said:

You add it. Its like favoriting but for a community.

Last question 🙂

There is only one app right now, right? If so, can we, those who are not members of your community, see your community via the app?

On 7/10/2020 at 9:34 PM, Rikki said:

I don't think that'd be feasible because the app stores aren't going to pass on referrer info to the app to know which community you tapped from. Maybe some way of quickly adding a community would be a compromise? A 4 digit code or a QR code maybe?

I would LOVE this.  This was one of the downsides of Tapatalk; People were confused that they would have to sign up for the app and then have to find our community in a sea of other communities they didn't want/care about and assumed they had downloaded the wrong app initially.

I want to add in @Rikki the app should assume it was installed from a site (because its unlikely that the person is going to rando install it from the app store) so the first time they download it it should give them a 1-3 page "Hey this is what you need to find the community that you want" little intro that people can skip if they want.