Our Picks change number of columns

At present there are three columns in the Our Picks main page (where you get to when you click 'view all' on the front page widget.  I'd like to change this to four columns and also truncate the text to four lines so that all of the boxes are uniform in size.

How can I go about achieving this?

With thanks

Personally, I wouldn’t mess with it. You seem to want to treat it as a grid, but it’s not set up like that. It’s a “masonry” layout, which is created on the fly through JavaScript based on the available space and the number of available entries. If you hardcode any changes, you easily break it for certain views or a different entry count in the future. 

If you really want the grid look, you would have to strip all the ipsPatchwork stuff from the template and rewrite it as regular ipsGrid setup. 

43 minutes ago, opentype said:

If you really want the grid look, you would have to strip all the ipsPatchwork stuff from the template and rewrite it as regular ipsGrid setup. 

That sounds like a lot of work and probably not worth the effort. It's a shame that it's laid out this way without any settings for preference.  The images I'm using are movie poster images and need a little extra space in the length department and a lot less space in the width, otherwise messing with the image sizes makes them gargantuan and somewhat pixelated.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and point out the work needed to make it fit - I'll take your advice and leave well alone 🙂