Donation Goals

TDBF

Can we have an option to hide Donation Goals from the public, and/or a date range to close said donations please?

We have seasonal donations which we like to have open for a couple of months, and the only way we can remove this from the public is to delete the donation goal. Would be good is we had a closure date to prevent people donating to that goal, or hide it from public when the goal has ended.

Having to delete a goal removes all the information, donations and those who donated, and we like to keep that information.

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 5:29 PM, TDBF said:

Can we have an option to hide Donation Goals from the public, and/or a date range to close said donations please?

We have seasonal donations which we like to have open for a couple of months, and the only way we can remove this from the public is to delete the donation goal. Would be good is we had a closure date to prevent people donating to that goal, or hide it from public when the goal has ended.

Having to delete a goal removes all the information, donations and those who donated, and we like to keep that information.

I'm finding this is something that is hindering myself also somewhat in terms of how to fully use the donations goals function. I think if there were ways to set things such as time limits and potentially archiving each specific donation goal/challenge this would keep things fresh and allow us to set up a plan of action with upcoming activities.

At the moment it looks like I'm going to have to keep a continuous Donate button on the website separate to these Goals because the widget will show all old ones that have since passed over a period of time. Good start to core functionality imo, but with these small tweaks it could become far greater.