Jump to content

Community

4.5 Beta 5 - Page Builder: Text Widget


Recommended Posts

Can we get the Page Builder: Text Widget with the rich text editor or can we get the WYSIWYG Widget with the advanced settings of the Page Builder: Text?

image.png.690b8b7204fa3245b075e7f6f60cbc82.png

 

It feels awfully odd to get a text box where you can't edit anything about the text and call it a Page Builder: Text.  What is the use case for that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bfarber said:

image.png

As a random example.....

Okay 🙂

any chance of getting a more versatile option for those of us that desire them? 

And yes, I know I can fuss around with code, but that's time consuming for those of us that don't do it day in and day out. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new text box as it allows you to get creative.  Yes, you need to have a grasp of HTML and CSS but it's really not that difficult and there are loads of generators online to help you get the look you want.  I created a simple box with a welcome message inside - this:

image.thumb.png.a9a71231c9d1b35741b173fa6ff2384e.png

The HTML part is:

<div class="box">Welcome to Movie Buffs</div>

And the CSS part is:

.box {
	font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;
	text-align: center;
	font-size: 36px;
	color: #FFF;
	font-weight: bold;
	line-height: 100px;
background: rgb(103,9,121);
background: radial-gradient(circle, rgba(103,9,121,1) 0%, rgba(61,91,175,1) 47%, rgba(103,9,121,1) 100%, rgba(0,212,255,1) 100%);
}

The CSS goes into the Advance section below what is already there. I also removed all of the padding using the drop down controls.  It's a really nice way to get creative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Davyc said:

I love the new text box as it allows you to get creative.  Yes, you need to have a grasp of HTML and CSS but it's really not that difficult and there are loads of generators online to help you get the look you want.  I created a simple box with a welcome message inside - this:

image.thumb.png.a9a71231c9d1b35741b173fa6ff2384e.png

The HTML part is:


<div class="box">Welcome to Movie Buffs</div>

And the CSS part is:


.box {
	font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;
	text-align: center;
	font-size: 36px;
	color: #FFF;
	font-weight: bold;
	line-height: 100px;
background: rgb(103,9,121);
background: radial-gradient(circle, rgba(103,9,121,1) 0%, rgba(61,91,175,1) 47%, rgba(103,9,121,1) 100%, rgba(0,212,255,1) 100%);
}

The CSS goes into the Advance section below what is already there. I also removed all of the padding using the drop down controls.  It's a really nice way to get creative.

Thanks for sharing

On 7/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, Myr said:

Can we get the Page Builder: Text Widget with the rich text editor or can we get the WYSIWYG Widget with the advanced settings of the Page Builder: Text?

image.png.690b8b7204fa3245b075e7f6f60cbc82.png

 

It feels awfully odd to get a text box where you can't edit anything about the text and call it a Page Builder: Text.  What is the use case for that?

Don't see why in 2020 everything that can utilize WYSIWYG doesn't utilize it.  Make it simple and easy to use.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That option exists with WYSIWYG rich text editor option in the Pages list of options - the problem with the WYSIWYG is that you don't have the finite control that you have with the text box as it is limited in scope; the text box removes those limitations, but with a caveat - you need to understand code.  It's really not difficult once you grasp the basics and the more you learn the more creative you can become.

I can understand your frustration - but turning it into a WYSIWYG edit would just be a duplication of what's already there.  I doubt very much that the advanced options can be applied to the WYSIWYG as it is based around the CKEditor and that doesn't have the options you're looking for, unless there are additional plugins that will allow more control.  I would say that was the whole point of creating the text box so that more finite control could be exercised that the WYSIWYG could not provide for.

🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 1:39 PM, Davyc said:

I can understand your frustration - but turning it into a WYSIWYG edit would just be a duplication of what's already there.  I doubt very much that the advanced options can be applied to the WYSIWYG as it is based around the CKEditor and that doesn't have the options you're looking for, unless there are additional plugins that will allow more control.  I would say that was the whole point of creating the text box so that more finite control could be exercised that the WYSIWYG could not provide for.

It looks to me like you can stick the content into a container or not. From a coding standpoint, it's adding a <div> around the RTE content, presumably.  I know coding directly gives you plenty of control.  Great!  if you like that, more power to you.  With my limited available free time, I'd rather be creating content, not formatting it.  At least not in code that typos, which I have a lot of, causes messes you have to figure out. 

What I am asking for is not a zero sum game.  You can get your pretty box, I can get mine and we're both happy 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy