Shop showing adverts to members after set daily post count

Hello,

Is it possible to have an <if> code in my template to stop showing ads after a user has been say, 5 posts in a day, then after 2359 it resets and the adverts are shown again until he's made another 5 posts for that day? I'm just thinking of reducing the adverts shown to members.

Many thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Michael Yates said:

Hello,

Is it possible to have an <if> code in my template to stop showing ads after a user has been say, 5 posts in a day, then after 2359 it resets and the adverts are shown again until he's made another 5 posts for that day? I'm just thinking of reducing the adverts shown to members.

Many thanks in advance.

My initial thought is that you may get members who post low quality comments simply to pass the advertising. If someone leaves ":)" 5x each day is that really elevating things? Just food for thought 🙏 

I gave my members the option to pay for a subscription that allows them to view my site ad free. The subscription lasts 1 month, and they can pay with points they've accumulated through creating topics and leaving comments. 

I'd suggest if you go this route to make it 24 hours from the time of one of the posts. Use the time the first or fifth post, etc. is made and stop displaying for 24 hours from that point, rather than resetting things at midnight (unless you have an audience that is in entirely in the same timezone).