Is it possible to do a support forum ? (released note)

annadaa

hi, 

In the released note it's write 

Added ability for Forums created within Clubs to be set so that users can only see the topics they posted (e.g. for a support forum).

What does that mean ?

would it be possible to create a forum in the forum categories with the option in category permissions:

"can only see his discussions"?

this would allow for private support between a moderator and the member using the forum section

Just now, bradybarrows said:

Dans le forum de la communauté Invision que nous avons hébergé avec IC, il est fourni à notre communauté intégrée au forum. Découvrez ici comment cela fonctionne: 

https://irosacea.org/support/

Est-ce que cela fonctionnerait pour vous?

I don't see anything, it brings me back to the home page.

I have well if not the support provided with commerce, but my wish is to also be able to use forum for private exchanges between a moderator and a member

and if it were also possible then to display this private category of forum on any page with widget it would be even better

6 minutes ago, annadaa said:

I have well if not the support provided with commerce, but my wish is to also be able to use forum for private exchanges between a moderator and a member

and if it were also possible then to display this private category of forum on any page with widget it would be even better

Hi,

that's possible with the forum application:)

When creating or editing a forum in the ACP, you have following setting under the "Forum Settings" tab, which controls this

perm.png

12 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Hi,

that's possible with the forum application:)

When creating or editing a forum in the ACP, you have following setting under the "Forum Settings" tab, which controls this

perm.png

This option already available in 4.4.10 and on 4.5 Beta release note. 

• Added ability for Forums created within Clubs to be set so that users can only see the topics they posted (e.g. for a support forum).

Where I can see this option ?

Edited by Afrodude

21 minutes ago, annadaa said:

I forgot, you have to be logged in to use the support feature. Guests can't access it. 

5 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

Added ability for Forums created within Clubs to be set so that users can only see the topics they posted (e.g. for a support forum).

Just to clarify.

You were already able to accomplish this within forums since IPS 4.0 (probably even before)

The change in 4.5 covers now also club forums. So, as Club Owner, when creating a new forum feature, you see now a new setting for this

clubform.png