Get rid of unnecessary duplication of elements

I noticed this is being brought up a lot since 4.5 and its all because of that white background. It was never a problem when that info wasn't in a white box, and in my opinion looked much better previously. No need for the title area to be bigger and taking up more space than before.

Previously it was just the title, then the creator and date on one line below it. Now we've got the title, a divider line and two lines for the creator and date and with a white background to highlight it further.

Edited by marklcfc

I've done a mock-up of what I was referring to earlier - I basically used the Google console to move elements around and delete others.  The items pointed from the arrow I was not able to move, but if they appear on the same line that the arrow points to that would free up some additional head room.

Edited by Davyc

With more logic if don't show the author avatar and info because these are separated and showed as part of the topic title header

10 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

I actually used css to hide the author name and date that would appear underneath the title because it was redundant

@breatheheavy could you share your css code? I would like hide these redundant part too

1 hour ago, kmk said:

With more logic if don't show the author avatar and info because these are separated and showed as part of the topic title header

@breatheheavy could you share your css code? I would like hide these redundant part too

This is what I used. Not sure if it'll work for you but feel free to try 🙂

.ipsApp .ipsSpacer_bottom.ipsSpacer_half, .ipsApp .ipsSpacer_both.ipsSpacer_half {
    display: none;
}