How quickly do your notifications load?

916009527_Screenshot2020-06-10at17_35_11.jpg.bdfd854c233b38e93e0d40cf4d25a8ed.jpg

I have a problem with my forums in that when you see you have a notification, I click the notification bell to see what it is, and it takes an absolute age to load the next bit, with the swirly animated thing telling me to hang on whilst it loads.

This can't be normal? What could be slowing this down?

Notifications should load fairly quickly.  

If you're on IPS Cloud, send in a ticket.  

If you're self-hosted, you can use your browser's Dev Tools > Network to see what might be happening and to contact your server administrator.  

Is there a really easy simple fools way of finding out what is stopping mine loading?

I click it and it goes to the spinning wheel of 'WAIT!!!'

My server is in the UK, my site is in the UK, my home is in the UK

Sometimes it lasts like 20 seconds

Edited by Sheffielder

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

It’s very slow after upgrade to 4.5 on this site. Sometimes it shows the loading image for 5 seconds or so.

Mine isn't 4.5 yet

There's something stopping my notifications from loading up but I dont' know how to see what is causing it

29 minutes ago, Sheffielder said:

Mine isn't 4.5 yet

There's something stopping my notifications from loading up but I dont' know how to see what is causing it

I have now done 10 tests for notifications on your site - the longest time to load notifications was 2 seconds.
Try another browser or remove cache and cookies.

Yeah there's definitely an issue today

The site is slow, sluggish and the notifications are randomly taking like 10 seconds or more to load

I just got complaints from site users about it

I have cleared my cookies and cache and tried other browsers and still getting same thing

When I run speed tests it's 50/50 - sometimes it says the site loads immediately, and others it is telling me it's loading in 12 seconds or more

It's on and off

I've no idea what's causing it - not sure if it's my server, cloudflare, or the adverts

So annoying

2 minutes ago, Sheffielder said:

I've no idea what's causing it - not sure if it's my server, cloudflare, or the adverts

Try it - stop cloudflare.
Now I received 18 seconds for notification in the test - this is currently being processed by a cloudflare server.

Yeah I think it's cloudflare!

I thought Cloudflare was supposed to make your site faster!

Update - spoke too soon

Stopped cloudflare, clicked links, sometimes it's instant to respond and others I'm sat waiting for 20 seconds for the link to work and the next page to come up!

Ruining my Saturday night this ha ha

8 minutes ago, Sheffielder said:

Yeah I think it's cloudflare!

I thought Cloudflare was supposed to make your site faster!

Your Apache server probably has a high server load level - notify your host support.
Now I got too much delay on the first byte

OK so I've disabled Cloudflare, disabled advertisements and I"m still getting an unusable board

It's intermittent but very regular which is extremely annoying

What happens is I use the site, click links, post posts, upload images and probably 30% of the time the site is just hanging on me as I wait for links to load or photos to upload. 

I'm talking like 10 to 20 seconds

How can I find out what's causing this issue easily? Is there a website or plug in or something I can load, then use the site and click around the site tracing my steps and showing what's causing the pages not to load?

ps It's not just me. I'm getting complaints from my site users that my site  (and only my site) is too slow/unusable.

I've tried clearing cache/cookies and using different browsers - still the same