Give Someone A Gift File

2 hours ago, Deathicated said:

I don't seem to have the Can Purchase File to Other Member option in Downloads -> Paid File Settings.

Just re tested on my online board and seems fine:

Run the support tool to rebuild cache. If it insists, send a PM with ACP credentials. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Oooo, I really like this.  Going to bookmark this for the future.

(I also want to add a +1 for a version that also works for commerce because my members have been asking for this since 2017 and Invision has ignored my suggestions for it because of stupid gift cards haha.)

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Needs update:

BadMethodCallException:  (0)
#0 /home/-----/public_html/applications/nexus/sources/Invoice/Invoice.php(2016): IPS\nexus\_Purchase->__call('onPurchaseGener...', Array)
#1 /home/-----/public_html/init.php(932) : eval()'d code(23): IPS\nexus\_Invoice->markPaid(Object(IPS\Member))
#2 /home/-----/public_html/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/invoices.php(284): IPS\nexus\hook2653->markPaid(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/-----/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\_invoices->paid()
#4 /home/-----/public_html/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/invoices.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/-----/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\_invoices->execute()
#6 /home/-----/public_html/cfapp/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}
14 hours ago, Daddy said:

Needs update:

BadMethodCallException:  (0)
#0 /home/-----/public_html/applications/nexus/sources/Invoice/Invoice.php(2016): IPS\nexus\_Purchase->__call('onPurchaseGener...', Array)
#1 /home/-----/public_html/init.php(932) : eval()'d code(23): IPS\nexus\_Invoice->markPaid(Object(IPS\Member))
#2 /home/-----/public_html/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/invoices.php(284): IPS\nexus\hook2653->markPaid(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/-----/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\_invoices->paid()
#4 /home/-----/public_html/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/invoices.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/-----/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\_invoices->execute()
#6 /home/-----/public_html/cfapp/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Just tested and works fine:

I see this in the error you provided:

My resources haven't a hook in the markPaid method so it probably isn't coming from my resource.

Send a message with ACP account so I can see to whom the hook 2653 belongs.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

My resources haven't a hook in the markPaid method so it probably isn't coming from my resource.

The invoice was never marked paid, despite payment being accepted. The mark paid is me trying to mark it paid in the ACP but it errors out.

I dug a bit deeper, and it seems the issue is users being able to type in an incorrect name while gifting a file. If the user does not exist, this error occurs where the invoice does not get marked paid. Trying to mark it manually paid produces the above error.

On 8/10/2023 at 11:22 PM, Daddy said:

I dug a bit deeper, and it seems the issue is users being able to type in an incorrect name while gifting a file. If the user does not exist, this error occurs where the invoice does not get marked paid. Trying to mark it manually paid produces the above error.

That's not the case; it has a validation, as expected:

- Field is required:

dJqxLmE.png

- A valid member is required:

nArqpgQ.png