Pending Code changes in Google Maps

I just got this notification from Google:

Hello Google Maps Platform Customer,

We are writing to let you know that the permanently_closed property is deprecated and will be replaced by the busines_status property in Places API and Places Library, Maps Javascript API on May 26, 2021.

You are receiving this email because you have project(s):

• requesting this property in the fields parameter in Place Details and/or Find Place requests; and/or
  • reading this property from the response returned to Place Details, Find Place, Nearby Search and Text Search requests.

You have until May 26, 2021, to perform the changes in your code as described below.

What do I need to know?

Currently, the Places API and Places Library, Maps Javascript API in their PlaceResult object return permanently_closed=true in response to: Place Details, Find Place, Nearby Search and Text Search when a business place is temporary or permanently closed.

We have deprecated this property because it does not allow us to distinguish between a place that is closed on a temporary basis and one that is closed permanently.

The property has been replaced by the property business_status with values {OPERATIONAL, CLOSED_TEMPORARILY,CLOSED_PERMANENTLY}, which is returned in response to Place Details, Find Place, Nearby Search and Text Search requests.

As a result, starting on May 26, 2021, the Places API and the Places Library, Maps Javascript API will stop accepting the permanently_closed property in the fields parameter in Place Details and Find Place, and stop returning it in the response to Place Details, Find Place, Nearby Search and Text Search requests.

Instead, developers will receive the ‘Unsupported field name’ error when using this property in the fields parameter in Place Details and Find Place of the Places API and Places Library, Maps Javascript API, and the value `undefined` when reading this property from the PlaceResult object returned by Place Details, Find Place, Nearby Search and Text Search requests of the Places Library, Maps Javascript API.

What do I need to do?

Follow the Google Maps Platform Place Field Migration guide to make the necessary property substitution before May 26, 2021, to prevent user experience degradation.

Your below projects may be affected and will require you to implement the code updates as described above before May 26, 2021:

My forum URL was here...

As always, you can contact our Google Maps Platform Support Team with any questions.

Thank you for choosing Google Maps Platform.