Guest can reply to topic without permission

Hi,

today i had a spammer as a guest who reply to more then 40 topics. After checking the guest permission i see that guests doesn't have any permissions to post or reply in all forums.

How could he reply to so many topics? I am a little bit confused.

22 minutes ago, McAtze said:

Hi,

today i had a spammer as a guest who reply to more then 40 topics. After checking the guest permission i see that guests doesn't have any permissions to post or reply in all forums.

How could he reply to so many topics? I am a little bit confused.

You probablly has POST BEFORE REGISTERING enabled then guests has MEMBERS permission and will be prompted to create an account.

BUT if the posts is authored by GUESTS yet, then that's not the case as the posts would be visible only after the account is created.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You probablly has POST BEFORE REGISTERING enabled then guests has MEMBERS permission and will be prompted to create an account.

Yes, this was the problem. So the replies was hidden for all and waiting for approving?

1 minute ago, McAtze said:

So the replies was hidden for all and waiting for approving?

Not exacly. You don't see, even as admin/moderator, the content posted by guests via POST BEFORE REGISTERING. They only get visible after the account is created.

I mean, you can view with the following plugin: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9296-post-before-registering-content-viewer/

I will keep an eye on it. This was the first time ever. I have checked every permission i found. Guest have just read permissions. But i also had the "POST BEFORE REGISTERING" feature enabled. I will take a look if the Phenomenon came back.

Thanks for your help. 🤓