Timeline application

Hey team, I had an idea...

I would love to see a Timeline application.

Similar to functionality as the Calendar app, but the layout would look something more like a linear timeline:

Timeline-Graphic.png

• Members could add dates/events and begin a timeline. 
    • Other members could contribute based off Group permissions 
  • The layout could appear either horizontally or vertically.
  • Ideally, they could also earn points via @TheJackal84's Members Shop app for each event they add. 

I would definitely be interested in something like this, anyone else? 

Edited by breatheheavy

I'm afraid I won't be able to dig up the example because it was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure I remember someone building a timeline very similar to that using our Pages app and some custom templates. You'd just need a database with a date field and a content field, and then build some custom templates to display it as a timeline 🙂 If you have HTML/CSS skills it should be doable, or a third-party designer could do it without much trouble I expect.

Yea, this is quite easy with the pages app. In fact I did this a while ago, but the templates and css part was quite tricky and dirty..

Fun fact... Yesterday I just asked another valued 3rd party dev/designer from the IPS community, if he could code such a similar pages template set for us because I'm way too busy with other stuff.

Edited by Fosters

44 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Yea, this is quite easy with the pages app. In fact I did this a while ago, but the templates and css part was quite tricky and dirty..

Fun fact... Yesterday I just asked another valued 3rd party dev/designer from the IPS community, if he could code such a similar pages template set for us because I'm way too busy with other stuff.

Ohhhh! interesting. Let me know if anything comes of it 👏 

50 minutes ago, Rikki said:

I'm afraid I won't be able to dig up the example because it was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure I remember someone building a timeline very similar to that using our Pages app and some custom templates. You'd just need a database with a date field and a content field, and then build some custom templates to display it as a timeline 🙂 If you have HTML/CSS skills it should be doable, or a third-party designer could do it without much trouble I expect.

I am not the best with html/css skills 😂 I'mma need a developer's skills on this one! But cool to hear that it can be done. 

• 4 months later...