Community

How about opening ALL links in posts in a new tab?

Can we get an ACP option/toggle to open ALL links in posts (including internal) in a new tab? I won't even ask for a new toggle. you can add this to the "open External links" thingy to like a drop down or sumthn' 🙂  
* Don't suggest middle/Ctrl clicking. Humans are dumb and don't know/remember this feature's existence.

Yay? Nay? I vote yay. please?

Edited by Pavel Chernitsky

On 5/8/2020 at 8:48 AM, Pavel Chernitsky said:

Is there a plugin that does that? Because I didn't find one.

As far as I'm aware, no Marketplace plugin.  You can request in Customization Requests.  

Just curious, can you explain what's the benefit of opening all links in a topic?  Are you using topics as a reference list of some sort?  

Sure, the thing is our forums are pretty old (started at 2002) and there is quite a lot of them, and a whole lot of information on them. Our users frequently link other threads as answers/references/reminders/etc, and in such a scenario I'd like the user to still have a quick way to go back to the original thread in case they go down a rabbit hole and visit multiple pages after clicking the link.