Community

Hi all, are there any settings that need to be changed from the default when it comes to using IPS with cloudflare?

I am not talking about optimisation, but instead from a perspective of ensuring everything runs as it should without any issues. 

Thanks a lot.

• 5 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 7:50 PM, theipsguy said:

Hi all, are there any settings that need to be changed from the default when it comes to using IPS with cloudflare?

I am not talking about optimisation, but instead from a perspective of ensuring everything runs as it should without any issues. 

Thanks a lot.

If you are developing or changing custom css/js you might find Cloudflare doesn’t recognise changes and continues to serve the old files. If this happens use page rules to temporarily override cache settings for those sub directories and, or files, that are affected. You can turn these on and off to suit. This is much better than continually emptying the entire site cache. 

You can also set up DDOS challenges. It’s a bit fiddly but you might want to look at this too.

But generally as @rfcontreras says, it flies straight out of the box. 

image.png.5ae62d497dc7be13ca81d092cde286f8.png

He probably found his answer by now, I imagine 😛 

The most important thing is to ensure you have "trust proxy IP's" enabled and ensure your server is set up to only accept requests from Cloudflare. How you handle the latter part will vary a bit depending on your specific server environment.

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently configured my domain for my newly installed forum with cloudflare, and it continually logs me out of the administration panel (ACP). I have only been able to fix it by disabling cludflare and returning the nameserver directly to my domain registrar. Every time I tried to install a plugin, I would log out of the Invision admin panel.

Clearing cloudflare caches doesn't fix this for me.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:38 AM, Paul E. said:

We have found that a page rule to turn off cache/etc. for the ACP was necessary, especially when installing plugins/applications directly (rather than via Marketplace integration).

It is difficult to explain how to add this rule in cloudflare, is there documentation on this?