Community

LuckyRiver

Some news about the poker game!

Hi,

A while ago, I had completed the push of a working poker source code based on Cubeia Open AGPL3 on my private bitbucket repository now run on my vps so it will not be lost and I could easily deploy it again.

Few have asked me if the game is still alive, I was not able to release it to the general public due to the complexity of configuring the game  and I don't want to end up having the nightmare of giving support to every problem of configuration which differs from an distro to an another.

Lack of time besides some family issue, I dropped everything back then.

Sine then, it has been quite a year by now, I found a safe and reliable way to make distribution available but had not much time to learn the new technology.

I  did put some spare time beginning of this year but ran into a lot of issues that I could not understand how to fix it due my lack of experience of the tool.

Never I have given up, so I took more free time to debug and now I believe I'm starting to get some good results at least the hardest part of the game configuration which is database and game rest services which the poker game heavily communicates.

No wonder why Cubeia shuts down the open source repo due to not the direction they wanted to go but the AGPL3 source code left behind is a gem not to use it. But may be not everyone could  know how to get it up and running . It will surprise me and specially add custom code to use IPS Oauth 2 for authentication to the game.

Well this technology has been out for a while, but I just had to learn until recently to be able to target the game release to the public and this freely of course.

Besides the Cubeia poker game, there is notorious module which may not needed but for management and configuration purposes, they are handy like the backoffice and the poker-admin. Those 2 allow table config, timings config, scheduled tournament, sit-n-go tournament,  monetary transactions and hand history data if enabled.

Imagine I had to install the game fresh which will take me a day or more and if lucky I can get it working and I will probably won't remember tomorrow how I did it today.

And picture if everyone can hit the same button to install the entire game and it will take just a little bit of time to have the game up and running with the same code guaranteed to be
exactly the same for everyone.

There will be no more support if not little of external configuration such as IPS private secret key. 

Well, enter Docker which is open platform which allows to build containerized apps as container images which deploy required packages the game needs to run.

Again, it still work in progress, but it looks promising as I try to add app by one and retest the whole pipeline til I got the desirable state of a working delivery method.

The only requirement is to have Docker installed on your OS, either windows or linux distro.

I will post soon a clip of this great tool of automation as I wrapped up the first milestone today and have 5 more applications left to pack.

There is strong hope that it will happen as I am going to make sure of it.

Stayed tuned!

45 minutes ago, SammyS said:

Will this be available in the marketplace?

Yes. It will be free to download in the market place whenever I have  completed satisfactory testing and installation instructions.

As dev is on Windows, I need to find a vps which supports Docker so I can test its deployment on Ubuntu.

Still a lot of works to finalize but I am working hard towards making this a reality.

Thus, I don't have any release date right now as I do only this as an hobby in spare time.