Support Requests / Invoices - Stop Users Replying Via Email

Our email accounts are not monitored for Commerce as we do everything through the support request/ticket system. However, clearing out emails dating back to 2015. I've come across many replies to tickets within the emails which have of course gone unnoticed.

So, two things are going through my mind. Was it not a feature that was or could be enabled? So when someone does reply via email, this is automatically added to the ticket? If this is not the case, how can I stop people replying to the email, could a message be added to the email body notifying the user to not reply to the email but login and answer through the support ticket.

The only thing I've found is -

If a customer replies by email to a resolved support request:

• Reopen support request
  • Create a new support request
    A note will show to indicate the support request was created in this way and link to the original request.
  • Reject and notify user
    An email will be sent back to the user to explain their reply was not processed.

But the above only seems to relate to a resolved request?

Thanks.

Edited by Dean_

If you have incoming emails setup, any email sent to the email address(es) (if you're using piping) for your department(s) will be made into a ticket.

The email address used for invoice uses the outgoing email address in your Email Settings so would not necessarily follow this pattern.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

If you have incoming emails setup, any email sent to the email address(es) (if you're using piping) for your department(s) will be made into a ticket.

The email address used for invoice uses the outgoing email address in your Email Settings so would not necessarily follow this pattern.

Ah yes, thank you! I completely forgot about piping. Just found some old email forwarders. Thanks Jim.