Captcha on "contact us" form for guests ?

Dexter_X

Hi,

Maybe it is already possible, but I'm looking for a captcha on the "contact us" form, only for guests.

We've let the contact us form available for guests because it is the only way a user that cannot log in anymore can contact us in order to get some tech support. But we're beginning to receive also some SPAM through it. 

So if anyone has a solution, I'm interested !

Thankyou,
D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

The captcha is active but I still receive SPAM through the contact us form (!?). I had to disable it for guests...
Is it possible there could be some kind of bug allowing spammers to fake send the form without having validated the captcha ? 😕

• 3 months later...

Same thing for me, I definitely endorse the need for something stronger than the checkbox, it's not enough to deter spammers at this point.

How about bringing back the cryptic letters and numbers that the user is forced to type? That seemed to be good enough to stop robots.

10 minutes ago, ebrire said:

Same thing for me, I definitely endorse the need for something stronger than the checkbox, it's not enough to deter spammers at this point.

How about bringing back the cryptic letters and numbers that the user is forced to type? That seemed to be good enough to stop robots.

There are 3 options for CAPTCHA for you to choose from in ACP -> Members -> Spam Prevention -> CAPTCHA tab. Whichever is selected there is used throughout your community where CAPTCHA is necessary. 

Additionally, reCAPTCHA v1 by Google was deprecated (the one with the letters/numbers you had to type) so was removed quite some time ago.

We were getting over 100 spam posts per day a couple years ago. We didn't use it for Guests as you intend here, but none the less it helped cut down the spam posts greatly. Now we may get a dozen or less per week. We used Clean Talk for it. It used to be in the Marketplace but doesn't seem to be anymore for some reason, but it is working well on the latest 4.5.2 version.

https://cleantalk.org/

Takes a few days to get it setup and managed but once you've taken the time to "train" it the program turns out to be one of the best we've used before.