when will the ipb 4.5 forum be ready ?

Yavuz Demir

Why does this even matter and why are people asking? We don't really know what we're expecting with 4.5, there's nothing wrong with 4.4.x currently? I don't get it... As soon as people get 4.5 they will start to go on about 5.x.x.

4 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

Why does this even matter and why are people asking? We don't really know what we're expecting with 4.5, there's nothing wrong with 4.4.x currently? I don't get it... As soon as people get 4.5 they will start to go on about 5.x.x.

I think that is because of the great features that have been added in 4.5. That is why some people are getting impatient imo.

32 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

Personally I think the updates go on too long, they started in November and 6 months later we've still not seen release or the preview site. Could have done with seeing it for ourselves especially during this time when there's not a lot to do. I don't visit here anymore I just sign up to the blog and release notes and get an email when there's some news it saves me some frustration at least. 😄

Edited by marklcfc

Just now, marklcfc said:

Personally I think the updates go on too long, they started in November and 6 months later we've still not seen release or the preview site

This is expected as this will be latest "medium" update before IPS5. We're gonna stay in 4.5 for a year or more so it's expected it has more new features than the other releases.

21 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

Personally I think the updates go on too long, they started in November and 6 months later we've still not seen release or the preview site. Could have done with seeing it for ourselves especially during this time when there's not a lot to do. I don't visit here anymore I just sign up to the blog and release notes and get an email when there's some news it saves me some frustration at least. 😄

I do not think that 6 months is that long for a major release. And it will be worth the wait imo.

24 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

I do not think that 6 months is that long for a major release. And it will be worth the wait imo.

I mean the duration of updates. In the past I'm sure we've had 2-3 months of updates and then a preview site/beta release stage. But hopefully you're right and it is

Edited by marklcfc