Group Promotion

I already have ALL my forum members in the Group named Members. Is it possible to now set Group Promotion Rules, and set the first group with content count less than 6. Next group set content count to more than 5, and so on. 

Will all current members be automatically moved to the new Groups that I create? Do they ALL have to stay in the group Member also? Will that be a secondary group? If they have to remain in Member also, which name will show on the front end under their name?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Member settings, I turned on 'Enabled Group Promotions'. 

I set the third group to have more than 360 posts, when I was looking at Groups, I noticed there was 1 member added to the third group (360 posts), and when I checked his content count, he only had 30. Not sure what is going on or what is the problem.

10 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

Will all current members be automatically moved to the new Groups that I create?

Yes, but the move is only performed when members are active on the site. Someone who never visits again, won’t be moved. 

10 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

Do they ALL have to stay in the group Member also? Will that be a secondary group? If they have to remain in Member also, which name will show on the front end under their name?

It’s up to you. You can change the primary group (“Move”) or just “add” a secondary group. Only the primary group will show next to the name. 

16 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

I set the third group to have more than 360 posts, when I was looking at Groups, I noticed there was 1 member added to the third group (360 posts), and when I checked his content count, he only had 30.

I appreciate the quick reply @opentype Any idea about this?  Look Discover GIF by George Ezra

There are definitely members that will never be back, for those, if I'm willing to do it, I could always manually move them to the proper group right?