Change - Comments will be posted as replies.

Like 5 years ago i turned on (or is was default) on the pages databases:

Post topic:Β Post a topic to the specific forum each time a new record is added.

And

Comments:Β  will be posted as replies. If you change the way comments are stored, your existing comments will no longer be displayed. Comments are not copied to the forums or to the internal comments database if you change this setting.

Well that was not a good idea, i have double content from page articles to the forum. Also with the reactions between these. I want to change this for NEW pages content. If i change it all the comments are lost from the last 5 years on all the articles.Β 

Is there a way to do this? Or is this the way i need to live the next 5 years...? 😞

Me to, i can't find anything on IPB about it. If there is no solution ill contact IPB support. Hope there is a backend (not official) way. Or someone else had this same issue in the past.Β 

Just for me, why can it be a good idea to turn it on? Im headbumping myself now.

It’s essentially a legacy feature that made sense up untilΒ 3.4 where things revolved around the forums. Cross-posting to the forum made sense to make your articles visible to the β€œforum audience”. I doubt IPS support will tell you anything else than what I told you here. The comment systems are independent. You would have to hire someone to write a custom conversion script to maintain your existing comments and change the settings.Β