Purge/delete old accounts pending activation

Will this also work to purge the entire membership and start from scratch?

Believe it or not, this is something that I need to do. I am being given a large message board's database, but only if all user accounts are first purged. All posts and history can remain, but the members have to re-join when I get the new location squared away.

I'm looking for an easy way to do this.

I also need to do this, but I can not find the setting pictured anywhere. I looked in System>Login & Registration>Registration ... and what is pictured above, is not showing at all.

Maybe mine is different. I have my 'Validation method for new accounts' set to 'Administrator validation'.

So when I go to 
Members>Members and click on the 'Validating' tab, I have 7 pages of accounts I would like to delete. I do not see a way to bulk select and bulk delete all in here.

The problem with deleting them one by one is, once I delete the first one, it changes the selected tab back to 'All'. I accidentally deleted a member because I thought it was still in the 'Validating' tab.

Any help with this?

34 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

Thank you for clearing that up. I guess I have to delete them one by one. 

That doesn’t follow from what I said though. What kind of validation have you set at the moment?

If you use email validation, that setting should appear and allow automatic deletion of unvalidated accounts.
If you don’t use email validation currently, you can turn it on temporarily until the unvalidated accounts are deleted. 

4 hours ago, bfarber said:

If you are not using email validation why do you have accounts pending validation that you want to delete? Those should, in theory, be accounts pending admin validation and you should go through them to either validate or deny the registration.

At one point I did have email validation set up, so these accounts must be from that time. I currently have it set to Administration Validation. 

8 hours ago, opentype said:

If you don’t use email validation currently, you can turn it on temporarily until the unvalidated accounts are deleted. 

This is a great idea. Thank you so much. I will try this.