Member Map

29 minutes ago, ABGenc said:

@Martin A. I have upgraded from 3.1.5  to 3.1.7 and I can not see my Members marker group where there are almost 75 markers. Permissions not changed. I can see my second marker group that I have created but not Members :(

Can you edit the permissions for that group and resave it?

3 hours ago, jair101 said:

Now the small map is successfully generated with Siem Reap, but it doesn't show on Member Map. No issues with other locations - they successfully generate and are shown on member map as before. 

I'm interested in knowing what the content of the SQL column "event_location" in the "calendar_events" table is for that event, you think you can get that for me? 
Not 100% sure, but the query should be this:

SELECT event_location FROM calendar_events WHERE event_id=X

Edited by Martin A.
2 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

I'm interested in knowing what the content of the SQL column "event_location" in the "calendar_events" table is for that event, you think you can get that for me? 
Not 100% sure, but the query should be this

{"lat":null,"long":null,"addressLines":[null],"city":"Krong Siem Reap","region":"Siem Reap Province","country":"KH","postalCode":""}
{"lat":null,"long":null,"addressLines":[null],"city":"Rome","region":"Lazio","country":"IT","postalCode":"","mm_lat":"41.8933439","mm_long":"12.4830718"}

It is missing the coordinates visible in the second event...

1 hour ago, jair101 said:

{"lat":null,"long":null,"addressLines":[null],"city":"Krong Siem Reap","region":"Siem Reap Province","country":"KH","postalCode":""}

{"lat":null,"long":null,"addressLines":[null],"city":"Rome","region":"Lazio","country":"IT","postalCode":"","mm_lat":"41.8933439","mm_long":"12.4830718"}

It is missing the coordinates visible in the second event...

https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search.php?q=Krong+Siem+Reap%2C+Siem+Reap+Province%2C+KH&polygon=1&viewbox=

There's the reason why. The search engine Member Map use don't recognize the location. I'll see if I can do this a different way.

16 minutes ago, ABGenc said:

@Martin A. is there any plan for ;

• Comment section for markers
  • Rating for markers

Why am I asking ? I have created two marker groups for Authorised and Custom Repairers for cars. I wish the users could comment how good or bad the repairer is and they could rate it.

Not a plan for it currently, but I'm gonna write it down.

10 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Not a plan for it currently, but I'm gonna write it down.

Just one more idea. I dont know if it is possible but I realised that when opened from mobile devices we dont have any option or a link  to open the marker in an application like Google Maps. If we could, it could be easier to navigate to that point.

May be a link for Google Maps inside the marker information , under coordinates would be great ;) 

And for the comment and rating, not a System wide but marker group wide option would be great.

Edited by ABGenc
On 16/01/2017 at 9:06 AM, Martin A. said:

Think I know what the issue is, @jair101 and @Edward Shephard. The address you have entered is just a partial one, which is fine for showing the mini map in the event, as you can feed Google with a string to search for. Sadly Member Map can't do that, it needs a set of coordinates.

You can verify this by hovering the mouse over the mini map in the Calendar event. If it looks like this then this is the reason why it's not showing up on your map.

https://maps.google.com/?q=,Siem Reap, Siem Reap, KH

I've made some changes where it'll try to get accurate coordinates when saving the event, but it needs some more testing before I can release it.

Sorry just got back to this.  The latest version has definitely improved on this but I still have some where is link in calendar is showing as lat/lng coordinates but the event still isn't showing on MM.  i might need to fiddle with it a bit more.

On 20.1.2017 at 11:58 PM, Padgoi_the_Djagloi said:

No error messages.

These are the system logs:

2017-01-20_17-54-55.png

Will need access to your board to figure out this one, or disable the custom error page in order to see the proper message.

On 21.1.2017 at 9:16 AM, ABGenc said:

Just one more idea. I dont know if it is possible but I realised that when opened from mobile devices we dont have any option or a link  to open the marker in an application like Google Maps. If we could, it could be easier to navigate to that point.

May be a link for Google Maps inside the marker information , under coordinates would be great ;) 

And for the comment and rating, not a System wide but marker group wide option would be great.

Both noted.
https://github.com/stoo2000/membermap/issues/36
https://github.com/stoo2000/membermap/issues/38

On 21.1.2017 at 9:30 AM, Edward Shephard said:

Sorry just got back to this.  The latest version has definitely improved on this but I still have some where is link in calendar is showing as lat/lng coordinates but the event still isn't showing on MM.  i might need to fiddle with it a bit more.

Can you run the same query I instructed @jair101 to run on that event?

SELECT event_location FROM calendar_events WHERE event_id=X

Would it be possible to use the mention-system ('@username') for markers in the membermap?

So, if you mention a location like usernames '@Location1' it becomes a link to the member-map site, of that exact location... would be cool :]

Edited by ThomasS

Not sure if it has been suggested before, but I think it would be great if you can chose the Marker group for location update. Right now if you go to update location it always go to Members group, I think it would be better if there is a choice. 

Lets say I have the following groups - restaurants, bars, scenic views. If I go to restaurant, I can update my location with the restaurant marker group, etc. 

1 hour ago, jair101 said:

Not sure if it has been suggested before, but I think it would be great if you can chose the Marker group for location update. Right now if you go to update location it always go to Members group, I think it would be better if there is a choice. 

Lets say I have the following groups - restaurants, bars, scenic views. If I go to restaurant, I can update my location with the restaurant marker group, etc. 

That's been suggested before, and is noted.

Hello. I had a old member map on my IPB 3.1.3 installed and maybe wrongly removed. I don't have this application in my "outdated" list.

So I manually deleted the following tables:
forum_member_map
forum_member_map_cmarkers
forum_member_map_cmarkers_groups

But this seems to be not enough. If I'm trying to install this new application I'll get the warning, that Member Map is still installed.

Can you please help me which additional tables I need to remove?

12 hours ago, Mercury_ said:

Can you please help me which additional tables I need to remove?

SELECT * FROM core_applications WHERE app_directory='membermap';

That row needs to be deleted, if it exists. After you've done that, go to ACP > Support, tick "Something isn't working correctly" then click the button below. That'll clear your cache.