Member Map

As this app is on Github, you are more than welcome to fork it and submit your changes, @sirwiz.

On 8.11.2016 at 4:10 PM, Michael R said:

I upgraded to 3.1.5 but I am still seeing some wacky things. There are members showing up in other countries and clustering where there are no members. Also, there is at least one member that I cannot view his profile while the Member Map is enabled. It should shows a blank screen. But I can view other members' profiles. When I disable the app, I can view that member's profile. sigh

Where in the world are these members clustering? Looked at your site, and on first sight I didn't see any misplaced clusters.
Regarding the members profile, can you look in your ACP system log ( ACP > Support > System Logs) if there is anything there related to Member Map?

16 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

As this app is on Github, you are more than welcome to fork it and submit your changes, @sirwiz.

Where in the world are these members clustering? Looked at your site, and on first sight I didn't see any misplaced clusters.
Regarding the members profile, can you look in your ACP system log ( ACP > Support > System Logs) if there is anything there related to Member Map?

They are clustering all over where they don't belong. Here are a bunch of members clustering in Italy. But they are not in Italy.

IPS support said the issue was related to Member Map. If I disable Member Map I can view the member's profile. If I enable it I can't view THAT specific member. I removed the member since he only had one post and told him to re-register.

2016-11-16_13-05-49.png

2016-11-16_13-06-18.png

2016-11-16_13-06-54.png

2016-11-16_13-07-20.png

1 hour ago, Michael R said:

They are clustering all over where they don't belong. Here are a bunch of members clustering in Italy. But they are not in Italy.

When all they enter for their location is "MA", I don't find it strange at all that they're placed way outside of where they actually live. What the user enters there is what's fed to the search engine and the first result is what's picked. I do see now that results that is just a state or a country is ignored. I might do something about that in a future release,

The users email address is visible in the image, btw.

1 hour ago, Michael R said:

IPS support said the issue was related to Member Map. If I disable Member Map I can view the member's profile. If I enable it I can't view THAT specific member. I removed the member since he only had one post and told him to re-register.

If you do come across this again, please have a look in the log and forward it to me.

• 2 weeks later...

IPS V4.1.16.1 + Membermap 3.1.5
I have a value MapQuest API Key and very low transactions (59) this month period. Seems all ok.

In the past ... when i started entering a location - like shown - the field offer me automatic more possibilities.
Now this stops and i have no idea why. There is no functionality behind now.

Any idea?

map.jpg

On 26.11.2016 at 10:45 AM, HarveyL said:

This looks fantastic, thank you.

Having one bit of trouble, I can't install it.

When uploading it complains that the file size is above 2mg.  I have unzipped it and am only trying to upload that .tar which is 2,092 KB.

Is there a hidden setting somewhere ?

Thank you.

That is out of my hands. You'll need to ask your host to raise the upload limit.

4 hours ago, tyreco said:

IPS V4.1.16.1 + Membermap 3.1.5
I have a value MapQuest API Key and very low transactions (59) this month period. Seems all ok.

In the past ... when i started entering a location - like shown - the field offer me automatic more possibilities.
Now this stops and i have no idea why. There is no functionality behind now.

Any idea?

map.jpg

It's working perfectly fine on my board. Have you tried clearing your cache and/or a different browser?

15 hours ago, Martin A. said:

It's working perfectly fine on my board. Have you tried clearing your cache and/or a different browser?

I tried it with Firefox 50.0 and Chrome 54.0.284.00 > No chance. I cleared browser cache and also board cache > no solution.

I created a new MapQuest Key ... but this was also not the solution.

The first time i noticed the problem ... i tried to import a kml file > it failed
After i tried to "Add Marker" to test functionality.

May be there is a context with kml import procedure?

Edited by tyreco
22 hours ago, tyreco said:

I tried it with Firefox 50.0 and Chrome 54.0.284.00 > No chance. I cleared browser cache and also board cache > no solution.

I created a new MapQuest Key ... but this was also not the solution.

The first time i noticed the problem ... i tried to import a kml file > it failed
After i tried to "Add Marker" to test functionality.

May be there is a context with kml import procedure?

Now it's working. What i did ... Disable and Enabled.

membermap.jpg

10 hours ago, Navigare said:

Any chance to make the download less then 2MB? I'm having an issue with our web host (they don't want to changeupload_max_filesize) and we can't upgrade. :( 

You can unpack the .tar file and upload the content to /applications/, like we used to prior to IPS4. Unpacking the .tar will give you a folder named "membermap", this is what you'll upload. Make sure you overwrite existing files.
That should give you an upgrade prompt in the ACP, if not you'll have to manually navigate to http://siteurl/admin/upgrade.

Not a supported solution, but should work.

On 8/29/2016 at 1:03 PM, Christian Anderl said:

Another question - does it work with this plugin: 

Can Member Map read this input?

I just downloaded this map (thank you to the developer) and am playing around with it. I also use the member location plugin from Boris because I think it works well and doesn't require full address. The challenge here is utilizing those locations with this map. I imagine you would need to app to look in the database at core_member_locations (member location data) and then at the member_id and description (text of location) fields. Without rewrites (I haven't tried it) maybe you can create a new profile field in IPS that is not visible (call it something like "address import") and then either import via command or set up a copy table contents into core_pfields_content and field_# by member_id

For some reason though if I create a new profile field, maps isn't recognizing it in Admin CP.

1 hour ago, ajmboy said:

I just downloaded this map (thank you to the developer) and am playing around with it. I also use the member location plugin from Boris because I think it works well and doesn't require full address. The challenge here is utilizing those locations with this map. I imagine you would need to app to look in the database at core_member_locations (member location data) and then at the member_id and description (text of location) fields. Without rewrites (I haven't tried it) maybe you can create a new profile field in IPS that is not visible (call it something like "address import") and then either import via command or set up a copy table contents into core_pfields_content and field_# by member_id

For some reason though if I create a new profile field, maps isn't recognizing it in Admin CP.

So the issue here for me is that if the profile field you create isn't set as editable by members, the map app doesn't pick it up (would be nice to change that). I created a new profile field and in the database pulled the location app data from the description field.

UPDATE core_member_locations,core_pfields_content
SET core_pfields_content.field_4 = core_member_locations.description
WHERE core_pfields_content.member_id = core_member_locations.member_id

That copied all the location data that was set by my members in Boris' location plugin and allowed the map app to catch it out of a profile field (I created in admin cp). I suppose I could edit the app but I don't want to miss out on updates so I tried to work around it. I supposed I could also set a task or a cron to run the command from a file moving forward.

If possible, would like to see the app sync settings also look at profile fields that are hidden for admin viewing only.

Would also be nice to add the ability to look at another set of data in admin panel by member_id. Maybe a spot to add the table and field. That would come in handy if someone is using another app or a pages database or something else to capture location text. Otherwise, all good and the app works great :)

17 minutes ago, MontanaOne said:

I have disabled all guest permissions on Member Map, but guests are still able to view the member markers. Can you please let me know what I need to do so guests cannot view the member markers on the Map. Thanks!

Go to ACP > Applications. Click on "Member Map" to expand it. Then next to both "modules" (Marker Groups and Member Map) click the permissions icon. From there you can manage who have access to each module.

20 hours ago, ajmboy said:

Is there a way to sync locations more than 100 at time or have the task run more frequently until synched? I have over 10k members I need to sync. Just curious before I go poking around..:)

There's nothing stopping you from manually running the task through the ACP as much as you want. Just remember the 15.000 transaction quota you have with MapQuest.

But other than that, no. Not without editing the task fiile.