Member Map

On 26.9.2016 at 0:01 AM, bradl said:

I must be forgetting/omitting a permission setting somewhere or perhaps I'm missing how it it meant to work. I would like guests to see one set of custom markers (Show Venues) but not the members' markers.  This seems to work as expected for 'browsing' the marker tables but not on the map itself.

• Application Settings
    Member Map → guests (checked)
    Marker Groups → guests (checked)
  • Marker Groups
    Members → guests (See Group, View Markers, Add Markers = unchecked)
    Show Venues → guests (See Group = checked, View Markers, Add Markers = checked)
  • Group Permissions → guests → Member Map (See Group, View Markers, Add Markers = unchecked)

Browsing groups works as expected. However the map itself still displays both members and custom markers with popups including name of member. Clicking the profile link on a member marker brings up the appropriate 'The page you are trying to access is not available to guests, but may be available if you sign in' message. 

I've reset the server cache via the map admin menu as well as flushing the site cache using the System Support tool. 

Pointers to what I'm overlooking appreciated. 

I'm afraid it's like this by design for performance reasons. Sorry this isn't expressed anywhere, and it kind of makes the "View" permission obsolete.
I do have an idea on how to work around this, but the markers would still be available in the cache, and it would just be hidden by the browser. Meaning that anyone could still browse through the cache and see all your top secret markers in raw text. If you're about to plot the location of nuclear warheads, I would not use this app for it.

@bradl after reading you Show Venues question I want to ask , can we have markers that are not bind to users ?  Why I am asking is that I run a car forum and as you can imagine most of the users are owners. That would be great If I could have 2 more marker groups like "Authorized Service Points" , "Private Service Points" which users could easily and directly point the nearest service points

I think that is probably the very purpose of Custom Markers.

I'm not sure what you mean by bound to users. Users can create a marker in a custom group. For example, in your custom group Private Service Points I could add my favorite neighborhood mechanic, adding their phone number or web site or photo of their shop or whatever. The pin would display with the name I gave it (the name of the shop) and display the information I provide. It is bound to me in the sense that I created it and browsing the list of custom markers (as a database) will show me as the creator.  As admin you can edit/delete everything.

Feature request ^_^ I would like to see a feed widget available to insert filtered (and sorted by defined criteria) marker lists. 

12 minutes ago, bradl said:

I think that is probably the very purpose of Custom Markers.

I'm not sure what you mean by bound to users. Users can create a marker in a custom group. For example, in your custom group Private Service Points I could add my favorite neighborhood mechanic, adding their phone number or web site or photo of their shop or whatever. The pin would display with the name I gave it (the name of the shop) and display the information I provide. It is bound to me in the sense that I created it and browsing the list of custom markers (as a database) will show me as the creator.  As admin you can edit/delete everything.

Feature request ^_^ I would like to see a feed widget available to insert filtered (and sorted by defined criteria) marker lists. 

Thanks for the clarification . Now it makes more sense what the markers are for ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I think this error is from your addon.. when i click on whos online i get this error

UnderflowException: lang_not_exists__membermap_group_2 (0)
#0 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Session/Front.php(452): IPS\_Lang->get('membermap_group...')
#1 /home/luxwhips/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/online/online.php(90): IPS\Session\_Front::getLocation(Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\online\_online->IPS\core\modules\front\online\{closure}('loc_membermap_v...', Array)
#3 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Db.php(390): call_user_func(Object(Closure), 'loc_membermap_v...', Array)
#4 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(448): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(Array)
#5 /home/luxwhips/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/online/online.php(155): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#6 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\online\_online->manage()
#7 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/luxwhips/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

4 hours ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

I think this error is from your addon.. when i click on whos online i get this error

UnderflowException: lang_not_exists__membermap_group_2 (0)
#0 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Session/Front.php(452): IPS\_Lang->get('membermap_group...')
#1 /home/luxwhips/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/online/online.php(90): IPS\Session\_Front::getLocation(Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\online\_online->IPS\core\modules\front\online\{closure}('loc_membermap_v...', Array)
#3 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Db.php(390): call_user_func(Object(Closure), 'loc_membermap_v...', Array)
#4 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(448): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(Array)
#5 /home/luxwhips/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/online/online.php(155): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#6 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\online\_online->manage()
#7 /home/luxwhips/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/luxwhips/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Already reported. Haven't had much time to work in this, which is why the update isn't pushed out yet.

The task will run in the background, importing all members with a location set in their profile. Logging in is not a requirement.

When selecting members, they are sorted by their "last activity" time, with the most recent on top. In the following days you'll see more and more of these inactive members being imported. If you don't want that you can disable the task in the Member Map settings. It's the one labeled "Import members without a map marker?".

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.10.2016 at 3:32 PM, bradl said:

I wish IPS offered a way to exclude spam-flagged members.  

That's not really up to IPS, is it? I'll deal with this in a future version.

9 hours ago, Michael R said:

Is there an update coming soon? I had to disable this app. It was causing issues with member profiles after upgrading to 3.1.4

Is this about the "lang_not_exists" issue reported here, or something else?

3 hours ago, Mike Gholson said:

Have you considered adding Google Maps support?  I have an API key for Google and want to use their maps if possible.

No. Member Map is not using the Google Maps Javascript API, and using Google Maps in a different mapping library is not allowed.

On 11/4/2016 at 3:54 PM, Martin A. said:

Is this about the "lang_not_exists" issue reported here, or something else?

No idea. All I did was upgrade to 3.1.4

Then a member tried adding a marker and got an error and reported it.

I tried viewing the member's profile and got a blank screen

I was able to view other member profiles.

IPS said disable Member Map

I did and was then able to view the member's profile.

On 11/6/2016 at 5:14 PM, Martin A. said:

3.1.5 is released. No new features in this version, just bug fixes.

You will not get an ACP notification about this release, as the old URL used for update checking isn't working. 

After selecting the .tar file I received the error 

The file must be smaller than 2MB.

I upgraded to 3.1.5 but I am still seeing some wacky things. There are members showing up in other countries and clustering where there are no members. Also, there is at least one member that I cannot view his profile while the Member Map is enabled. It should shows a blank screen. But I can view other members' profiles. When I disable the app, I can view that member's profile. sigh

First, how to change zoom level of map in single marker view?

Second i write some functions in Markers.php and related templates to show not only DMS coords but also MGRS, UTM, and long/lat in google maps format (with dot), so if author of this great app is interested, just pm me, and i give you the code.